Best masks for toddlers

Tink_83

DIS Veteran
The title sort of says it all, I’m looking for a mask my toddler will keep on, or a few. I plan on multiple options for him to keep him masked but am hoping someone has some good recommendations. He doesn’t have to wear one to daycare and doesn’t go out with me to stores, etc. so rarely is masked. I need him use to this for our last minute December trip (if it’s not canceled due to COVID). Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have the Disney masks and while he likes the designs will not wear them for an extended period of time so something other then what Disney has... TIA

I'd just try several different styles to see what he'll tolerate. We all have different opinions, and what works for 1 toddler/kid/adult may not be comfortable for another. I do recommend trying to make it "meaningful" to him such as his favorite color, interests, toys, characters, etc.

The title sort of says it all, I’m looking for a mask my toddler will keep on, or a few. I plan on multiple options for him to keep him masked but am hoping someone has some good recommendations. He doesn’t have to wear one to daycare and doesn’t go out with me to stores, etc. so rarely is masked. I need him use to this for our last minute December trip (if it’s not canceled due to COVID). Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have the Disney masks and while he likes the designs will not wear them for an extended period of time so something other then what Disney has... TIA
I would add a few for him to just play with put on his toys or what ever he chooses. have him watch you wear one maybe even if you don't need as such. give him the chance to get use seeing masks on people. if you dont like them watch your reaction to them around him as he is going to look to you for what he is to do. good luck with the short time to get him ready

I would add a few for him to just play with put on his toys or what ever he chooses. have him watch you wear one maybe even if you don't need as such. give him the chance to get use seeing masks on people. if you dont like them watch your reaction to them around him as he is going to look to you for what he is to do. good luck with the short time to get him ready
Thanks! I think the real issue is that he hasn’t had to wear one. I don’t take him out much except daycare - and they don’t have to wear one there. My DD 8 has no problems with wearing a mask. I think I’ll work on taking him into stores and other outings where masks are needed to get him more use to them on him.

Our three year old son was the same. He is supposed to wear one for daycare, but they only require he come with one. If he takes it off (which he does), they leave it off. We just got back from a trip last week, and he did great. We just told him at Disney you wear a mask or they make you leave. That worked for him. We found that he preferred the paper ones. We got a box of the paper design ones on Amazon. We used those. By the end of the trip, he picked out a few of the ones they sell at Disney. He liked those. Those are the new ones Disney sells with the lighter fabric. He did not like the older ones Disney sold with the heavier fabric because we ordered those for our whole family when they first came out. Right now at Disney they have both.

I'd definitely find a good fit. It's been like goldilocks and the three bears as far as my 4 year old is concerned. First was too small, second was too big....etc.

Happymasks.co

Those masks are breathable and adjustable. They are also lab tested to be the equivalent of an N99. My kids (6 and 4) can easily wear them for an hour (we haven't needed to use them for a longer period of time). These masks are a little pricey but definitely worth it. I would have at least 2 pairs per person for Disney because you have to hand wash them and let them dry.

My kids also like the disposable paper ones in kid sizes, but those aren't as protective as the Happy Masks.

Practice, practice, practice. The more he wears them around the house and as play, the better it will be.

This is something I'd start now so that hopefully it will be a non-issue for you once you're there. I know for myself I sometimes need to actually touch my face to see if it's there and I've noticed my daughter sometimes has hers on for a while after school as she forgets that it's there. Once one of us notices she still has it on we pop it into the laundry.

My kids' favorites are from Yoobi (very soft and adjustable), Gap Kids, and the LOVE their Vogmasks (expensive but well fitted and N95 filters built in). Excellent advice to practice. My kids are older (6 & 9) but have acclimated to wearing masks better than I have (for school). Good luck!

Where There Is Magic on Etsy. They have the best masks ever. Best fit and most breathable for sure!

Our three year old son was the same. He is supposed to wear one for daycare, but they only require he come with one. If he takes it off (which he does), they leave it off. We just got back from a trip last week, and he did great. We just told him at Disney you wear a mask or they make you leave. That worked for him. We found that he preferred the paper ones. We got a box of the paper design ones on Amazon. We used those. By the end of the trip, he picked out a few of the ones they sell at Disney. He liked those. Those are the new ones Disney sells with the lighter fabric. He did not like the older ones Disney sold with the heavier fabric because we ordered those for our whole family when they first came out. Right now at Disney they have both.

Hi,

Could you please tell me where I can find the lighter Disney face masks? I can't seem to find them on Shop Disney.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter