Best money saving tips for SeaWorld??

bunny213

DIS Veteran
What do you do to save money when you go to SeaWorld? We're going to skip the zoo until DH gets back from Iraq, it was just more than we could swing at this time. We need to do this trip as economically as possible. We're a military family - so that will help immensly.....can we bring in lunch? is there a picnic area? do we need to pay to park? Any suggestions at all will be very very appreciated!!! :flower3: Thanks Meg

We took in our lunch. With 8 in the family we could not buy out. Do not take anything like straws with you as they are not allowed.
Security said "oh you have a lot of food" and we said "we have a lot of kids!"
They laughed!

Parking is $10, there may be a way to avoid it (e.g. public transportation or a nearby lot), but I'm not sure.

Packing snacks deffinately helped, its tough not to want to buy some popcorn from the vendors at all the shows, but if you have a granola bar or something to eat that can help a lot.

We just returned from a CA trip. We did SeaWorld and the Zoo. The zoo blows SW away. For the value, the zoo is so much better and we had a much more fun day there, too. I am not especially a zoo lover, lol, but I was really impressed with the SD Zoo and would return. Not so of SeaWorld. I thought it was overpriced - even with coupons - and over crowded and the shows were kind of cheesey compared to the zoo's which were really entertaining and INTERESTING - even for my DDs. I am not sure if you've been to either before, so just wanted to add my two cents from my recent visit. The zoo cost our family of 4 about $75 to enter, vs SW over $200 with our dumb purchase of the fun card with AAA(which we will not be using) and parking.

Have a great time wherever you end up!

Lives4Disney :)

You will be fine bringing in lunch. Even though most parks (including Disney parks) advertise no bringing in food, most of the time, they will allow it, especially if it's a family.

Water bottles, snacks and some lunch, they will let it through. Also, warn the family first, no buying at the shops. We love sea world. Although we also like the zoo, if I had to choose it would be sea world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter