Best Pen to Use for Autographs?

disneygogetter

Mouseketeer
I picked up one of those Composition books from a local dollar store and I wanted to use it as my autograph book for Disneyland. But my question is what is the best pen to use? I've taken pens with me elsewhere and the ink always runs out, even if I don't use the pen and keep it closed.

So which pens do you recommend and I don't want to use a marker because it will leak through the Composition book's pages too easily I would think.

Some suggestions......make sure the pen is wide as the characters have a hard time with skinny little pens. We use the ones that come with the autograph books, the characters can "click" themselves. We have had ours for over a year with many, many character meets and never had a problem. Maybe just buy one like it or grab one in the park, I think mine was 1.99

The best writing utensil for characters are the big chunky click sharpies. They work really well because the characters can hold them and they can click them themselves. Also they don't dry out like some pens will. Some characters have to write up (Goofy and Pluto come to mind) so traditional pens look like they dry up because the ink fall back as the character writes. With a sharpie that doesn't happen.

Ive used the same ZIG writer scrapbooking pen since our first trip in 2009. (so-2009, 2012, 2013, 2013)--same pen every time. Its a bit thicker than a regular pen and doesnt have that potential of bleeding yellow that some sharpies do over age (I know that doesn't bother some people, but I do put all my signatures in a scrapbook).

You can also buy them in different colors...some people like to match the color to the character (I only do black).

Michael's craft store sells them individually for about $3. Some Joann's, Hobby Lobby's, and independent craft/scrapbooking stores should sell them for the same price.

I would have two pens...one for the characters with large hands (like Mickey) and another for face characters (usually with normal hands, like the Princesses). If you only want to carry one pen, I would definitely go with the fat pen because everyone can use those. Otherwise, I do think the princesses and other "face" characters can use a more normal sized pen.

The retractable sharpies, that way you don't have to mess with the lids and it also helps with ink getting on the characters. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter