Best place to sit for Kilimanjaro safaris?

some animals can roam on either side, but it did seem like more enclosures with animals were on the left. The back may give you more time to turn and take photos.

You don't get to choose...the CM will put you in line, which gives you the spot you'll sit in.
I ask for the front and have been given the front every time but I have a disability and the front is the only thing that works for my disability so you can ask for a row but I would only ask for a row and the CM will accommodate you but I would only ask for a row only if you need it. But I would agree the back so you can turn and round and take more pictures

I prefer the very back row but I usually don't request a row. I've had some cool experiences with the giraffes in the very back

How many sit in a row, we'll have my and my wife and 6 year old daughter and lap 14 month old?

Being on the outside if of course best for viewing, but otherwise I would say its primarily a matter of luck!

Lions and cheetah are on the left. Crocodiles have always seemed concentrated on the left, but maybe they can go under the bridge? Black rhinos I've always seen on the left. Giraffes and elephants can be either side.
I think that's correct. Found a cool map someone drew:

kilimanjarosafarisdiagr.jpg

Definitely agree on the left. I have requested to sit on the left and the CMs have let me wait for the next truck so I can have it.

Left side gets the larger hippo pool (with female hippos plus baby Augustus), crocodiles, black rhinos, African wild dogs/hyenas, mandrills, better view of elephants (the larger female herd with baby Stella), lions, cheetahs.

I personally don't like the very front because I think the partition from where the driver sits blocks bits of the views.

I recommend the front (first 3 rows) for a less bumpy ride. You can request to sit in a particular row when the cast member asks how many in your party. Worst case scenario, you need to wait a few more minutes for the next truck.

We went on an afternoon ride and were placed in the very back row. My daughter was delighted to be the first one to see a rhino cross the path right behind us! It was so close, that if my arms were just a tad longer, I could have touched it.

We went on an afternoon ride and were placed in the very back row. My daughter was delighted to be the first one to see a rhino cross the path right behind us! It was so close, that if my arms were just a tad longer, I could have touched it.

Please keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle.

Daisy Duck.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter