Best place to sit for Lion King?

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
Where is the best place to sit for Lion King (we have a fp for lion king but may modify it for Rivers of Light if the standby line doesn't look too long once we arrive)? Thanks!

The show is in the middle with seats all around. When we went in April we sat mid-way up in the giraffe section and had no problems enjoying all parts of the show. It seems like all of the seats have good views, although due to the style of seating a smaller child could get stuck behind a taller person (this happened to us and we put my younger daughter on my husband's lap once the show started). The CMs directed us to what section to sit in when we got to the entrance, so it didn't seem like we could choose which animal section to sit in, but we were able to choose our row. We did the 11 am show standby, and we got there around 10:30. Once we got into the main "holding area" they started moving us into a line up to the theater a few minutes later.

Last edited:
There's not really a bad seat there. I've probably sat in all the sections as I've seen the show so many times as it's my favourite show. I probably wouldn't sit too far back in any of the sections, but that's usually where the late arrivals end up sitting as people usually starts filling in from the front.

My favorite spot is the back row because I have support for my back (and like not having anyone behind me).

We’ve only ever been in the warthog section, but would guess any would be fine.

All seats are pretty much the same. A lot of people try to sit down in front, but I much prefer to be further back, gives a much better view. But in all reality, you really don't get much choice. CMs are there to direct guests to appropriate areas as others fill in. You're pretty much at the mercy of the CMs.

As close the the Zebra as you can get. Yowser. (Note: That might be more of a personal preference....)

My favorite spot is the back row because I have support for my back (and like not having anyone behind me).

We’ve only ever been in the warthog section, but would guess any would be fine.
^ same

I love the back row for the back support

All seats have the same view though

To get picked to paticipate, do you need to be towards the front of the section (lower to floor)?

Just know the front rows are for people with disabilities so it really does not matter where you sit. And for most show at WDW it dose not really matter where you sit

I agree with previous posters that there aren't really any bad seats. For many years, like Elle23 and CAS239, we would sit in the back row, usually in the Elephant section. Once when we took my mother to AK in her wheelchair we got to sit in the front row. We thought we were actually too close to the action.

We now take advantage of FP and sit about halfway up in the Lion section. This also allows for a relatively quick getaway as that section is close to the exit.

To get picked to paticipate, do you need to be towards the front of the section (lower to floor)?
They will go back a few rows to pick someone and you need to be towards the end of the row I would try for like row 3-5. When I went they did not pick anyone in the front 2 rows

For those unfamiliar with this show:
Before we get too far into the realm of guests "participating" in FotLK...

They will go back a few rows to pick someone and you need to be towards the end of the row I would try for like row 3-5. When I went they did not pick anyone in the front 2 rows

Were there any kids sitting in the front two rows?
If so, were they willing to get up and march (many are too shy.)

Unless we're talking about the quick bits about making animal sounds that is really just the "pre-show,"
the CMs only pick little kids to "participate" in the actual "show" and then, its just a little bit of marching around (sometimes carrying a shaker or other noise-maker)
during one of the last songs in the show.

Not a lot of major "participation."

For those unfamiliar with this show:
Before we get too far into the realm of guests "participating" in FotLK...

Were there any kids sitting in the front two rows?
If so, were they willing to get up and march (many are too shy.)

Unless we're talking about the quick bits about making animal sounds that is really just the "pre-show,"
the CMs only pick little kids to "participate" in the actual "show" and then, its just a little bit of marching around (sometimes carrying a shaker or other noise-maker)
during one of the last songs in the show.

Not a lot of major "participation."
There were kids in the front two rows 3 kids not counting the older teen young adult picked to do the animal sound they did pick kinds for the last part from further back. But I do think if your kids are not picked it really is no big deal

Back row for adults, first row for kids.

I know I'm much more comfortable in the back, and if we can't be in the front, it's the second best for young kids because they can stand without obstructing anyone else.

2 times we have been with my father-in-law who was in an ECV and got the very front row. That gave my kids the opportunity to march in the "parade" they do at the end. That was nice and they were so excited to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter