Best places for Disney souvenirs outside park

ilovemymac

Mouseketeer
It seems in the 5 years since we were here souvenirs have gone up allot. I would like to get some disney stuff without breaking the bank. I have noticed a million souvenir shops up and down 192. Are any of these good?

I heard about 2 official ones I went to the one on vineyard ave but didn't have allot so I heard there were 2 other outlets that are all Disney plus all the generic shops up and down 192. I don't have time to go to all the shops so what would be say the best ones to hit up and get some great souveniers?

Thanks a bunch

I would highly suggest the Disney outlet stores.
Orlando Premium Outlets is closer to Disney.

8200 Vineland Avenue Orlando, FL 32821
(407) 238-7787

There are 2 Walmarts near Disney. Both have a lot of Disney stuff available at a much better price.

Are these items older out of date souveniers that were actually sold in the parks or current same as can be found in the park souveniers or just "stuff" that says Disney on it that would find at a local store outside of FL? I'm just curious?

Are these items older out of date souveniers that were actually sold in the parks or current same as can be found in the park souveniers or just "stuff" that says Disney on it that would find at a local store outside of FL? I'm just curious?

Yes, yes, and no.

The items in the Disney outlet stores [The Character Outlet] either were sold in the stores [you might find items from the Epcot Spring Flower Show in the summer] or are currently sold in the stores. They typically have expensive golf shirts but also Disney pins. The have t-shirts, sweatshirts & sweatpants, hats, picture frames, handbags, kids outfits & toys, a case with jewelry and/or collectibles. All of these items are actual Disney products.

As with any outlet, you never know. There have been times I've left the store with a bagful and other times I've left empty handed.

The items as Walmart have never been sold in the parks, but the selection is rather large. The last time I was there I took my sister and she got all of her souvenirs at Walmart.

In the numerous shops on 192, many items have Mickey Mouse on them but it says "FL". The items they sell are not actual Disney products and it can't say Disney on it.

Stuff from Walmart will not state "Walt Disney World" on it as they are not ACTUAL WDW souvenirs, and were never sold in the parks.

It will state "Disney Florida" or something similar. Call me a merchandise snob, but whenever I see one of those "Disney Florida" shirts, I always think, "Cheap, cheap...not a REAL WDW souvenir". :rolleyes:

I would highly suggest the Disney outlet stores.
Orlando Premium Outlets is closer to Disney.

8200 Vineland Avenue Orlando, FL 32821
(407) 238-7787

both of those are actual disney outlets. there are other places that sell disney style merchandise, but everything i've seen in them is a case of getting what you're paying for (thin t-shirts that peel, ceramic mugs with bubbles and missing paint, etc).
we bought a mug at walmart, but it actually cost more than the WDW versions :confused3

the selection at the disney outlets changes constantly, and while there are some great deals, there are quite a few items at full price, or with just a small discount. i would definately recommend them tho.

The actual WDW store online has a lot of sales. To the point where I get at least one email a day. Sometimes they are pretty decent. I ordered a huge Stitch stuffed plush for $20. It's really big!

Walgreens and Walmart. Even though it won't say WDW, it is Disney stuff and very cute. I actually like lots of the things I got there more than things they sell at the parks. :goodvibes

I won't buy any generic Disney merchandise from a gift shop on 192,International Drive or WalMart,those items just seem cheap and tacky to me.I will however buy stuff at the Disney outlets at both Orlando Premium outlets locations,Vineland Ave and International Drive.I'm still mourning the removal of the Disney outlet they had at Dolphin Mall in Miami by me,there's still one at Sawgrass Mills about 30 miles further north but it's smaller than the one they had at Dolphin Mall.I used to get tons of stuff from there year round,Food and Wine merchandise,resort merchandise etc..and many thing were like 50-75% off regular prices,now it's harder as Sawgrass is further and has fewer items and whenever I'm in Orlando I very rarely give up park time to go to the outlets.

Heading down in February for my first trip since 95! I know there used to be a discount shop in DTD. Does anyone know if there still is one? We won't have a car with us, so we are relying on resort transport.

I've bought t-shirts at both Walmart and Super Target on 192 and all have held up better than the official t-shirts I've purchased in the parks. No more $30 t-shirts for me!

Walmart does sell some official wdw shirts. I can even find them at our walmart in mississippi. But i do agree with the poster that liked only official disney items, they are better!:goodvibes

DD got an adult sweat shirt from a flea market for $10.00. Excellent quality. It hasn't shrunk, stretched or faded, and she has been wearing it for a year. It says Florida instead of WDW but it was a great buy. She got it at the flea market across from Walmart on 192. It was not on sale.

we buy stuff from walmart everytime we go, they have a lot of different shirts that are cute. We buy a few from there and disney, but always some from walmart, and they are a good price
|

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter