Best route from AKL to GF then DD?

RedE2Go

Earning My Ears
Using the Bus service, what is the best/quickest way to go from AKL to GF for character breakfast? Then going from GF to Downtown Disney for shopping? And of course back to AKL?

Does bus go from AKL to GF, or will I go to the TTC then monorail to GF? Does bus go from GF to Downtown Disney, or do I ride the monorail first then catch a bus. I don't want to spend all day doing this, but seems I will.

Thanks for any help.

Unless things have changed, AKL buses only go to the theme parks and Downtown Disney. Depending on how early your breakfast is, and what day of the week, I'd take a bus to Magic Kindom, then monorail to GF (Monorail will have to go almost all the way around) or take a bus to whichever park has extra hour, then take bus from there to GF. I'm not sure about GF to DD, but I think there is a bus. There is also a bus from DD to AKL.
Either way, you are looking at 30 minutes (minimum, if you catch the bus just right) to an hour of travel time for what would be a 15 minute ride. This is why I always rent a car, so you are not dependent on bus routes that don't always meet your needs.

From 7:00am-8:00am, Character Breakfast busses will be running. Those busses can take you directly to the Grand Floridian... just make sure to tell the driver. After 8:00am, hop a Magic Kingdom bus... if you happen to be the only ones on board, they should be able to take you to the GF... if there are others on board, you'll have to catch the Monorail or boat at the MK.

Busses to Downtown Disney start running at 8:30am, and service the Grand Floridian directly.

To get back to AKL, just hop the AKL bus from either the Marketplace or Pleasure Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter