Best route to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

116EV

Earning My Ears
Hey Dis fam. My family will be staying at the Polynesian in December. We will be attending Mickey’s Backyard BBQ And I’m looking for the best way to get to the event from the Poly. We’ll be traveling with grandma on an ECV as well. All suggestions welcome!

I would've said an uber or minnie van, but the ECV is going to make that impossible.

Assuming the boats can accommodate an ECV, I would say you're best to jump on the express monorail or large ferry at the TTC and head to MK. From there, board the bus or boat to camp wilderness.

This has nothing to do with your question but I just wanted to pass along something I learned when I went a couple of years ago. Make sure you get there early so you can quickly meet a few characters before you go in (I feel like it was chip and dale and another character) AND get on line right away for the characters (they don't come around to the tables...you need to stand on 2 different lines...one for Mickey and Minnie and one for 2 other characters that I can't remember but if I had to guess I would say Goofy and Donald)). Make sure to get on one line and have someone else in your party get on the other line or you will either spend your whole night in the lines or miss meeting characters!!

I would've said an uber or minnie van, but the ECV is going to make that impossible.

Assuming the boats can accommodate an ECV, I would say you're best to jump on the express monorail or large ferry at the TTC and head to MK. From there, board the bus or boat to camp wilderness.
The boat sounds like a winner. I was told we could take one from the Contemporary right to the area by the BBQ. That would be awesome!

This has nothing to do with your question but I just wanted to pass along something I learned when I went a couple of years ago. Make sure you get there early so you can quickly meet a few characters before you go in (I feel like it was chip and dale and another character) AND get on line right away for the characters (they don't come around to the tables...you need to stand on 2 different lines...one for Mickey and Minnie and one for 2 other characters that I can't remember but if I had to guess I would say Goofy and Donald)). Make sure to get on one line and have someone else in your party get on the other line or you will either spend your whole night in the lines or miss meeting characters!!
This is great advice. We’ve never done the event so this is a very helpful tip. Thank you!

The boat sounds like a winner. I was told we could take one from the Contemporary right to the area by the BBQ. That would be awesome!
I would check again with someone who knows. I have only seen the smaller boats go from Contemporary to Fort Wilderness, and they do not accommodate ECVs. We eat at Trails End often, and have never seen a larger boat leave from Contemporary.

The small open boat, will NOT fit ECVs, even the large boat is tight making the turn to go around the stairs.

There are some Minnie Vans that can accommodate ECVs. They have to be arranged through Bell Services.

Sounds like monorail to park and then bus over then?
If you can’t take the large boat from MK to FW, It would be a looong bus trek.
FW has an internal-only bus system so you would have to transfer busses when you arrive at FW to get down to the BBQ.

I would think monorail to MK, then big boat to FW. Someone mentioned it might be a tight turn on the boat, but I do know that I've seen ECV's on the big boat.

Also monorail to MK, then bus to FW. I'm pretty sure that the MK bus to FW goes to the Settlement bus depot. (All the other park buses go to the Outpost Depot.)
The Settlement depot is nearly as close to the BBQ and Hoop-de-doo as the boat dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter