Best strollers?

ufalum

Proud Navy Wife!
I am trying to decide on a side-by-side or a front-back stroller for my 4yo and 2.5yo for our next trip. I am worried that it will be hard to move through the crowd with a side-by-side stroller. Does anyone have any experience with this that could help me out? Is there a favorite side-by-side brand out there? I have been looking at the Graco Duo Lite. Thanks for any help!

I haven't had any experience with either a side by side or front-back, but having taken a full sized single stroller to Disney and stayed at WL, I would recommend the front-back. It will be easier to get through any crowds and shops. Also, getting on the boat will be easier as some, you can just roll on and a side by side would be too wide for the opening I think.

I would definately recommend the side by side. It fits through doors without any problem, and the main reasons I chose it over the front to back are both sides recline, and one child isn't being climbed over every time they get out of it. It was just much more comfortable for both children. The graco duo rider side by side is exactly the one I have used before, that's the kind I rented from A Baby's Best Friend in Orlando. I really was a great stroller, and was not hard at all to maneuver in crowds.

Have a great trip!
:wave:

I would definately recommend the side by side. It fits through doors without any problem, and the main reasons I chose it over the front to back are both sides recline, and one child isn't being climbed over every time they get out of it. It was just much more comfortable for both children. The graco duo rider side by side is exactly the one I have used before, that's the kind I rented from A Baby's Best Friend in Orlando. It really was a great stroller, and was not hard at all to maneuver in crowds.

Have a great trip!
:wave:

I also used a side by side in WDW and would recommend it. It was just easier for my kids, they both like being in front!! I'm sure someone would have been upset being in the back. I never found a problem getting my stroller on/off anything or walking in WDW, except the monorail, if there was room in a handicapped car, it would roll right on, but if someone needed the car, or they were full we had to fold it up. I was even able to roll it on the boat from the WL to the MK without a problem. All the other types of transport, require all strollers to fold up, so that didn't bother me. I used the Combi double stroller and it was GREAT!! The thing only weighed 11 lbs, so it was VERY easy to fold up and cart on/off the bus when necessary!

We just returned. Brought a side-by-side Grayco and was very happy.
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?id=9288&catid=115&secid=33
(Ours cost $110.00 at BabyDepot (division of Burlington coat factory)
Had no problems bringing it through airport security, nor any of the gates in any parks. If you are take it to MK, take the boat. Have to fold quick for the monorail. Also, had to fold it up quick for the shuttle in the parking lot. This one has nice big baskets below, and the pad comes out of easy cleaning, and best of all it reclines for naps.

We also have another front and back double stroller, similar to this one...
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?id=17875&catid=115&secid=33
I find this one much bulky to push, cumbersome to move around and the kids always fight on who gets to sit up front!

We bought this new one because I HATE the other one so much. Girls loved it. And mom did too. We debated on bringing two umbrellas, but that would have been too much. This way one could push the stroller and one had hands free to do other things.

Have a fun trip, I recommend the side by side HANDS DOWN!..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter