Best Table Service experiences?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a trip for October. We're hoping to do one "foodie" meal a day - table service, quiet space, full bar, etc. I'm struggling to find post-covid reviews so any suggestions? I've been told to do Blue Bayou, but I understand that the refurb really hurts that experience. Hopefully it will be over when we get there. Where else should I try?

I'm planning a trip for October. We're hoping to do one "foodie" meal a day - table service, quiet space, full bar, etc. I'm struggling to find post-covid reviews so any suggestions? I've been told to do Blue Bayou, but I understand that the refurb really hurts that experience. Hopefully it will be over when we get there. Where else should I try?
I believe Blue Bayou should be back to normal in July, once Pirates reopens.

Blue Bayou is fun for the ambience if Pirates is open and the walls are down. But just to be clear on your expectations, I would not call it a “foodie” destination. It more about the ambience.

Do check out Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel. Book the Chef’s Counter if you are looking for more of a unique culinary experience.

In DCA book Lamplight Lounge or Carthay Circle.

Agree with the prior post. Napa Rose was the best food experience we've had in the park area to date (across hotels, downtown and both parks). We did a regular dinner last year and it was wonderful. It was also the most expensive meal we had in the area so far.

Haven't tried Carthay Circle, want to, but the menu doesn't quite line up for my kiddo. Best of luck.

Napa Rose and Carthay Circle are the best food I've had at DLR (it's been few years since we've been but we did the chef's counter at NR once and it was divine. We'll be there only on weekdays in August so will try just the regular dinging then). Blue Bayou is definitely worth it for the ambience. And well worth waiting for a waterside table if you have a few days in the parks and time to spare. We used to do Cafe Orleans for the Monte Cristo Sandwich every trip, but it seems to be on both the lunch and dinner menu at BB so if that's your thing to try you can just do BB.

I have not been to Lamplight Lounge, but I've seen videos of the interior and it looks fantastic just for the decor. I can report back after we go in August.

Blue Bayou is just a mass churn themed restaurant with mediocre at best food IMO...far from a"foodie" experience but cool in terms of atmosphere, no booze.

I really want to like Carthay Circle but leave disappointed with the food there EVERY SINGLE TIME but it checks your boxes in terms of atmosphere and bar.

Napa Rose Chef Counter is the way to go IMO...if you cannot get chef counter seating then even just a regular reservation and arrive early for some pre-dinner drinks at the bar or lounge is a close second in terms of dining experience.

The outdoor Craftsman Bar at the GCH has also been one of our favorites in terms of food and atmosphere.

It is pretty simplistic but we also always leave happy with Carnation Cafe but you won't get the "quiet space" but outdoor dining epsaiclly when parades are passing is a fun vibe.

Lamplight Lounge is good option for some light bites but you are packed in with a few hundred of your closest parkmates while dining.

We had good food in Downtown Disney at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen.
Not technically a “foodie” place but good food, and generous portions without leaving you overstuffed.

My family loved LL this trip - it was our first time there, and between the yummy food and the fun mocktails, it was their favorite meal of the trip. We also did WCT and while it was solid, I didn't quite get the same family vibes we got last trip. Might be because we were in partial sun though. Our last TS meal was at Carnation Cafe, and it was excellent. Food was good at lunch, and service was impeccable.

I'm not sure I'd classify any of those as 'foodie' level experiences, and none of them were particularly quiet spaces. We were seated outside for all three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter