• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Things You Did on Your Trip?

SA53 said:
Best Things You Did on your Trip? :cool1:

I read with great interest all the regrets to be had at the end of your trips and with my coming in March, I took copious notes. What I now wonder is what was the best thing you did while at DL/CA? Trust me, I use everything you all say!!!!

K in SA

We are going in March too! This will be my boys first time at Disneyland, but they have been to WDW three times. Our favorite thing there, and I understand you can do it at Disneyland also, is piloting the monorail. You just try to get to the front turnstyle and ask the CM there if you can ride in front, they will only allow 4 so hubby had to sit in the back once :guilty: all alone, but the kids got to sit in the front, and then the pilot gave them "official" pilot licenses. I hear you can do the same at disneyland, so we are very much looking forward to it!

Best things...
Watching our sons light up each time they see their favorite rides
Having Minnie Mouse try to tell us she loves my sons' eyelashes (they are LONG)
Bringing my sister along so I could have some alone Disney time with DH
Getting there early
Watching DH get excited about riding Buzz Lightyear to see if he can beat his previous score.
Going to Whitewater Snacks for their chicken sandwich
Trying to keep a birthday sticker on a two year old
Small toilets for toddlers in the baby center!

Everything is great about Disneyland! We decided this is going to be our "family vacation" for the next few years until our sons no longer want to go (Does that ever happen?) They ask to go at least once a week. We decided this week we will try to go next month before President's day. We don't want to tell them though until it gets closer. I don't think I could handle all of the questions! :wave:

greenshoes said:
piloting the monorail. You just try to get to the front turnstyle and ask the CM there if you can ride in front, they will only allow 4 so hubby had to sit in the back once :guilty: all alone, but the kids got to sit in the front, and then the pilot gave them "official" pilot licenses. I hear you can do the same at disneyland, so we are very much looking forward to it!

Actually, there was room for 5 in the DL monorail! :sunny:

DisneyDotty said:
Actually, there was room for 5 in the DL monorail! :sunny:

Oh that is good news! Unfortunatley hubby is in the Navy and will be deployed, :sad2: so he still won't get to ride in front! But My dad is planning to try and meet us there to spend a couple days with the boys, so that will be nice! thanks for letting me know!

DisneyDotty and NotSoLittleMermaid....thanks for the answers! I hope this might be offered later in the day...like DisneyDotty mentioned when we go...it would be a great way to start our trip. I will check back with DL closer to the 30 day mark and see what they tell me. I think DS will be fine on the tours...he'll just turn 14 before we go and a friend who's taken some of the tours at DL thinks he'll like them.

Again, thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter