• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Things You Did on Your Trip?

I love the idea of leaving something hotel room for grandkids from Mickey Mouse. We are not staying at a Disney property, so I will have to work it out with our son/wife, so we can leave something on the grandkids' pillows with a note from Mickey Mouse.

We called DTC and asked about the whole having treats left in the room thing and she said it's only for those who have concierge. :confused3

She told us to perhaps call the DLH directly to see if they'd do anything for us.

Thank you, AFMom! My little nephew (8) would LOVE to do this! I'll keep it a secret in case someone beats us to it - and surprise him with it if we're the first to ask!

Lynzer Torte said:
We called DTC and asked about the whole having treats left in the room thing and she said it's only for those who have concierge. :confused3

She told us to perhaps call the DLH directly to see if they'd do anything for us.

You need to contact vacation planning. 714-300-7526. There's an email address too, but i can't find it.

We take our time. :)

Live it like a vacation not a rushed day at the park.

Shopped at the last minute.

Okay...well, one of my questions was already answered...thanks for posting the phone number for vacation planning...even though DS will be 14, I think that he and DH would enjoy the snacks left in the room...might have to check into it.

The other question is about the Mickey sourdough bread someone mentioned...where did you get this?

Thanks for the ideas...I'm planning our first trip to DL...well, okay, DH was there as a young boy and doesn't remember much...but I really am clueless about DL so this really helps!

The Mickey sourdough bread is located in DCA. The only place I saw it being sold was at a cart somewhere near Bugs Land- they might sell it elsewhere also.

Lynzer Torte said:
The Mickey sourdough bread is located in DCA. The only place I saw it being sold was at a cart somewhere near Bugs Land- they might sell it elsewhere also.

Thanks! I believe that I'll be buying some despite the low carb orders of the doc...will just have to do some extra walking...lol

The rides are always fun, but take the time to stop and listen to the music & singing groups: Barbershop Quartet, Delta Daddy-Os (who are not listed in the program, but perform mostly in NOS--ask at information for the times), Side Street Strutters, the "surfer" rock group in DCA, the "Stomp" type show in Tomorrowland by the 3 custodians.

Also, the comedy show outside of the Golden Horseshoe is a hoot!

I try to always say "Hello" or chit-chat with cast members whenever I can (not interferring with their job, of course). I thank cast members after pin trading, or getting a service. I also go up to performers and thank them for their show or compliment their performance. :goodvibes They are always so friendly to guests and I don't know how much friendliness they receive back. Most really brighten up when I ask how THEY are doing. It makes me feel better, too, and enhances my day. pixiedust:

disney50fam said:
Getting a big pickle for my DD's to share

What is with the pickles? My DS7 just said the other day, out of the blue, "Mom, I love Disneyland pickles. **sigh**"
I second the pickles, and add taking the 50th Anniversary Tour our first night there--great intro to the magic!
Oh, and staying at DLH and walking through DTD to the parks.
And eating at Goofy's Kitchen.
Oh, and the chocolate croissants from the coffee shop at DLH.
Yes, and Blue Bayou for lunch.
And watching the Electrical Light Parade.
Soarin!
Grizzly River Rapids.
Pirates.
And taking a ride on the Main Street horse-drawn trolley with Christmas carollers.
Oh yeah, and the dinosaur and Grand Canyon dioramas along the railroad tracks.
Christmas parade.
Soft opening of Monsters ride.
Turkey legs.

Wait--I think the whole trip was the best! :sunny:

DisneyDotty said:
What is with the pickles? My DS7 just said the other day, out of the blue, "Mom, I love Disneyland pickles. **sigh**"
I second the pickles, and add taking the 50th Anniversary Tour our first night there--great intro to the magic!
Oh, and staying at DLH and walking through DTD to the parks.
And eating at Goofy's Kitchen.
Oh, and the chocolate croissants from the coffee shop at DLH.
Yes, and Blue Bayou for lunch.
And watching the Electrical Light Parade.
Soarin!
Grizzly River Rapids.
Pirates.
And taking a ride on the Main Street horse-drawn trolley with Christmas carollers.
Oh yeah, and the dinosaur and Grand Canyon dioramas along the railroad tracks.
Christmas parade.
Soft opening of Monsters ride.
Turkey legs.

Wait--I think the whole trip was the best! :sunny:

DisneyDotty...you mentioned the 50th anniversary tour...was it the "Imagination to Celebration" tour? If so, do you recall the time you did the tour and at what time of year was it?

We are going the first week of June, so I can't book the tours till 30 days out, and when I called yesterday to get some more info (the times) the CM told me they didn't have the schedules set for June yet...except for the Welcome to DL tour. As an obsessive planner it's frustrating, so any info I can gather here is wonderful!

Thanks!

I tell everyone to try to do these things:
Go on every outdoor ride at night (ie. Screamin, Grizzly, SM, BTM, TOT)
Have a Dole Whip!!
Find all the 50's in the park
find some hidden mickeys
watch the firework from the hub
ride Mark Train
go in the bread and tortilla factory
watch the Alandin show!!
take time to enjoy the little things
and most importantly enjoy the time with your family!

momsgoofy:
The tour was touted as a 50th Anniversary tour, although the name you mention sounds familiar. We did it at 6:00 on a Saturday night in late December. As I recall, you can only book tours 30 days in advance, so you still have plenty of time. Do call DL in early spring to find out what tours will be available when you're there.
Have a great trip! :sunny:

Sooo many wonderful things.
Doing Soarin' first and last
Taking our friend's 6 year old on the Jungle Cruise for the first time, and hearing him laugh.
All the snacks with the disney dining plan!
While we were waiting for breakfast at the Plaza Inn - seeing the Disneyland band, along with Alice and the Madhatter dancing with kids. What a delight!
Riding the new Space Mountain more than once!!
Dinnner at goofy's kitchen
Breakast at Storytellers
Sitting next to a kid I didn't know on Soarin' who trusted me enough to grab my hand when she was scared.
Seeing and hearing the Candlelight Processional. That was very insprirational!
Watching my DH and our friend's 6 year old learn how to lasso while smelling reindeer poop!
The Christmas decorations.
The broccoli cheese soup in the bread bowls at the bakery
Gosh - there was so much. Gotta love it.

Ohhhh - I forgot something - riding Tower of Terror. DH and I rode it in DW a few years ago - at least a dozen times. This one is different. DH made me ride on the aisle. My whole right leg flew up!!! I laughed soooo hard. And screamed even harder.
Ahhhh, the laughter and the magic.

Michelle2 said:
Alot of magic on our last trip....

And the #1 best thing that we did?? Getting there EARLY!! Had a jumpstart on the day and everyone else by getting there a little earlier than most. We even got to open the park one day! :love:

I've gotta agree with getting to DL at opening or for EE when available is the best thing. I do this virtually every day of every trip and am always glad that I did. I love the early morning hours at DL.

I'm also always glad that I made PS's ahead of time. I was really glad that I booked through AAA for the GCH last summer and got enhanced FPs.

momsgoofy said:
DisneyDotty...you mentioned the 50th anniversary tour...was it the "Imagination to Celebration" tour? If so, do you recall the time you did the tour and at what time of year was it?

We are going the first week of June, so I can't book the tours till 30 days out, and when I called yesterday to get some more info (the times) the CM told me they didn't have the schedules set for June yet...except for the Welcome to DL tour. As an obsessive planner it's frustrating, so any info I can gather here is wonderful!

Thanks!

I took the Imagination To Celebration tour for the first time the first week of June last year. I believe it must have just started because the pin & souvenier book had to be sent to us--they weren't ready. I didn't know it was available until I got to the park, but was able to book it for the next day. I don;t recommend that you do that, of course; I think I was lucky. There were about 14 people in the group.

I took it for the second time last Tuesday, with my sister (who hadn't been on it before). This time it was just the two of us and the guide, a wonderful woman named Karen! We really felt like VIPs! It's a great tour, not for kids (they'd be bored). You get a photo, souvenier book and cool pin of the lamp in the window of Walt's apartment, that really lights up, a snack about half way through and 5 rides (one for each decade).

**Something I forgot to include in my previous post of "best things" was to see the White Witch give an audience. She is very good and watching the reactions of the people that go up to get her autograph/picture is quite entertaining. Ask at the info booth for the times she's appearing.

I forgot to mention the Candlelight Processional. It was so beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter