Best time for travelling to WDW with kids

Chol

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

We have one high-schooler (G8) in live in QLD. My wife and I have done a few couples trips to WDW in November and loved it. We are now taking our child and went in September this year and hated it (not just because we got stranded for almost a week due to Hurricane Ian (!) but the heat, crowds and rain were just awful and took a big chunk out of every day and most evenings. I am thinking beginning of Dec would be the best time that lines up with school holidays and we get all the XMas vibes or even Jan. But what does everyone else do that take high schoolers? Do you recommend a certain time of year?

Thanks,
Chol

I would ask: what are you school holidays? Weather-wise May-October is going to be HOT and humid. If that is what turned you off (minus a hurricane!), then that's what you have to work around.

Hi Everyone

We have one high-schooler (G8) in live in QLD. My wife and I have done a few couples trips to WDW in November and loved it. We are now taking our child and went in September this year and hated it (not just because we got stranded for almost a week due to Hurricane Ian (!) but the heat, crowds and rain were just awful and took a big chunk out of every day and most evenings. I am thinking beginning of Dec would be the best time that lines up with school holidays and we get all the XMas vibes or even Jan. But what does everyone else do that take high schoolers? Do you recommend a certain time of year?

Thanks,
Chol
I'd recommend January. You do miss Christmas however we have found the crowds thin out since the US schools have all gone back. The weather is cooler as well.

Thanks all.

School holidays generally are:
1st two weeks of April
Last week of June-first week of July
Last two weeks of September
Beginning of December until end of January

Based on your schedule I would recommend beginning of December. Get the Christmas decorations and slightly lower crowds than Christmas week.

End of September would also be good, but it is hurricane season. That's a long way to travel not knowing how the weather will work out or having to cancel.

Yeah I think beginning December is sounding good. I do like the Christmas decorations and would miss that I think if we went in Jan. Thanks all!

Dates between the first week of December through to Christmas. This is a quieter time. A lot of DVC members go at this time and the people tend to be a lot nicer and not so pushy.

Dates between the first week of December through to Christmas. This is a quieter time. A lot of DVC members go at this time and the people tend to be a lot nicer and not so pushy.
Thanks @ColinA. Good to see you still on the boards :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter