Best time to go to DL

disneyvacationtime

Earning My Ears
After visiting DW numerous times, we are in the initial stages of planning a possible vacation to DL (our first). Due to work and school schedules, we were thinking about the time period during the last week of May, first week of June of 2007. We would stay for approximately four nights. We would go after Memorial Day. I understand the crowd levels jump in June, however, would anyone have any first-hand knowledge of the "usual" crowds during that time of year, or suggested travel dates during this time period? Our traveling party would consist of two adults and a 14-year-old. Since we will probably only ever get to visit DL once, I am hoping to stay at the GC.

Any other words of advice would be most welcome.

Thank you.

I think this should be a good time to go. Most California schools don't get out until mid June, so you should beat the big crowds. Park hours will be moderate, and you are likely to have a grad night when the park closes a bit early at least one day of your stay. Some complain that the weather can be a bit gloomy, but I've always hit good weather this time of year (not too hot).

The GCH is a great choice if you can afford it, especially with a teenager. It's very convenient to meet at the room when the teen wants to go do single rider California Screamin'.

:thumbsup2 We went June 7th-12th this year and it was a wonderful time to go. Nice weather, not to hot, low crowds wherever we went. I can definetly reccomend that time of year.

DH and I have went to DL the week of May for the last 3 years, and have planned our next trip to DL in May '07, the week of Memorial Day. We have been both the week before and the week of Memorial Day and I don't remember noticing a big difference in the crowds. I don't remember ever getting to a ride and thinking that the line was way to long to wait in. We did make use of the Fast Passes though that always helps!

The weather has always been excellent for us, a little warm, but not too hot during the day. It does get cooler in the evening, and I usually wore a light jacket especially when we go to the baseball games (GO ANGELS!!) I wouldn't go by me on the coolness though. If I am cold, usually everyone around me if comfortable. (I am a VERY cold natured person. DH says I am cold at anything less than 80 :rotfl2: ) We have also not had it rain on us yet. :woohoo:

We had previously stayed off site, but we are staying at the DLH when we go in May and I am SOOOO excited!! :Pinkbounc

We usually go in the beginning to mid June every year. And we always have a wonderful time. It's true that the heat is simply not as bad, they have that "June gloom" in the mornings, and when that burns off it has never gotten as hot as it did when we were there this July! Also a lot of kids are still in school, so the crowds aren't that bad either.

Best times to go IMO are either Fall, Winter, Spring, and late Spring early summer (of course not during Holiday peak times and Holiday weekends).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter