Best tips for saving money in parks

You can also buy self-filtering water bottles. Then you can refill from fountains or even restroom sinks whenever you want. This keeps you from having to haul 3 or 4 bottles per person around. If you are super-cheap, buy 1 self-filtering bottle and refill everyone else's bottle from the filtering one. We also use a padded/semi-insulated water bottle holder with a shoulder strap, one per person. Even young kids can carry their own bottle and you are not left being a water bottle pack mule.

For example:
http://www.************.com/bottles.html?glid=CLGgoJChmpECFQwaHgodkVIi9A

or

http://www.waterfilters.net/Filters/waterbottles/sportbottles.htm

I'm sure there are many others.

I used those on my last Disney trip. I carried one water bottle and myself, my Dd10 and my niece all drank out of it. I did not pay for one bottled water the entire time. It was great! Of course my Dd left it on Space Mountain, but it was the end of the day on our last night, so I just ate the loss of my 12 dollar wonder bottle!

How big are the lockers? And how much does it cost to rent one?

I just saw this on another thread--since we are thinking of getting one

Facts for the lockers INSIDE all 4 theme parks-
Rental for a larger locker is $7 per day plus a $5 key deposit.
Rental for a smaller locker is $5 per day plus a $5 key deposit.
When the key is returned, you receive $5 refund. (within 1 hour after park closes.)
Payment is made to a Cast Member who, in turn, hands you your key, so exact change or bills are not needed.

Using Lockers at more than one Theme Park in the same day:
Return key and receive $5 deposit and receipt.
Present receipt at next Theme Park and pay $5 deposit to receive key for the remainder of the day.
Depending on the crowd level, the lockers can be in shorter supply as the day passes.
If the park offers 2 sizes of locker and you want a larger locker, just ask the CM when you rent.
If they have any left at the time you arrive, you can have one. If no large ones are available, you'll just have to take the smaller size and "cram harder" OR rent two lockers.
OTOH, since many guests "park hop," there will be some lockers (large and small) that will become available throughout the day.

Sizes and Locations INSIDE the parks:

Magic Kingdom- Front Entrance
Inside the park gates on the right, just before you reach the "tunnel" to Main Street.
MK has one size (pretty large) - 17.5" H x 12" W x 16" D
These lockers may be opened, closed and re-opened as often as needed.

Epcot- Front Entrance
Under Spaceship Earth, entrance on the right as you enter the park.
Pay and get key inside the Photo Shop
Small - 11" H x 9" W x 16" D
Ex-large - 17" H x 12" W x 22" D

Epcot- International Gateway (between UK and France Pavilions)
at Stroller Rental

Disney-MGM/Hollywood Studios- Front Entrance
To right of Oscar's Super Service
Pay and get key at the Crossroads of the World center kiosk
Ex-large - 17" H x 12" W x 22" D

Disney's Animal Kingdom- Front Entrance
To the left, just inside the gates, near the restrooms
Large - 17" H x 9" W x 16" D

Bought all my DD glow stuff, flashing pins, light up wands, light up hair braids before we went to Disney at premier glow on line. She has new stuff each day and no whining about wanting stuff in the parks.

Thanks for the tip! I just checked their site and they have lots of great stuff!:yay:

Do not feel obligated to buy souvenirs for everyone you know just because you're on vacation! If i see stuff I know my sisters or my mom would like, I am tempted to buy for them....its you're vacation, buy for you and only you, unless otherwise budgeted! Set a limit on souvie spending, and stick with it!

Also you can get cups of ice water for free from any restaurant at Disney...get one to go after a meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter