"Best" TS Lunch at DHS?

shburks

DIS Veteran
We have one ressie left to fill for the day we are at DHS. We're thinking maybe lunch that day and wondering what everyone likes for lunch there. We've honestly never done TS anywhere at DHS! (Well...think I did Prime Time waaayyy back in 1989 or so!)

We probably won't be there late enough to book dinner, so if we can't find an acceptable lunch place, we may hop to another park for dinner.

We like to eat ate Mama Melrose....its italian food and flatbread pizza. Its pretty good. We hated Brown Derby its over-priced for gross food

We really like Mama Melrose for lunch too! The Pizzas and salads make a great meal for sharing.

This year we are also trying 50s Prime Time for lunch. We have not been there for years so I am pretty excited.

We love Brown Derby for lunch!!! Great menu, and if you're looking for something lighter, the appetizers and the cobb salad are great! Our kids found good options on the kids' menu, and my husband and I ordered the cobb salad for two and I loved the tuna appetizer and the grapefruit cake!

We've also been to sci-fi and mama melrose several times each. We love Mama Melrose for dinner, but we have not been there for lunch - although the pasta would be heavy for a lunch for us, but flatbreads are another option. Sci-fi is a fun lunch spot - just depends what kind of lunch you are looking for!

Love Sci-Fi - took DF, DB and DN there last August and they all loved it! The angus chuck burger, and the ribs are luuurvely! :goodvibes

Brown Derby is a good choice for a fine dining experience. The lamb chops are delicious. If you want a fun casual place, Sci-Fi is great.

50s Primetime Cafe is great for the ambiance and the fried chicken plate is super yummy and HUGE. The Sci fi is a great place to go because it is dark and cool and it keeps the kids entertained with the clips of old cheesy movies.:happytv:

Isn't Brown Dreby 2 TS credits? We've been to both Mama Melroses and Sci-Fi and had good meals at both, for food I like Mamas better, for enterment I like Sci-Fi better.

DH and I had Prime Time for lunch and SciFi for dinner in December, and we liked both, but preferred SciFi for the atmosphere (we also happened to have a much better server there).

Brown Derby. It's the only table service restaurant at Hollywood Studios I'd even bother with, and I've tried them all.

Isn't Brown Dreby 2 TS credits? We've been to both Mama Melroses and Sci-Fi and had good meals at both, for food I like Mamas better, for enterment I like Sci-Fi better.

Good point - yes - Brown Derby is two credits. So if OP is on the dining plan, I'd revoke that recommendation - wouldn't want to use two TS credits on lunch!

We don't do dining plan anymore - we use TIW for the 20% discount on anything we order - it works really well for our family of 5. So that's why we think Brown Derby is a great deal for our lunch!

IMHO the "best" is Brown Derby by far. It is two TS, but if you have a large lunch there, perhaps you could do CS for dinner? It's one of our favs, we wouldn't miss it.

Mama Melrose is passable for Italian food, but I'd go there for dinner, not lunch.

We really like Sci-Fi Dine Inn, especially the burgers and shakes.

we really liked the food at mama melrose. the menu has a pretty wide selection to choose from. i've also been to 50s prime time cafe twice, but i'm honestly kind of sick of eating there and won't do it again anytime soon. to me the food just wasn't that good and there aren't many choices on the menu.

I would highly recommend 50's Prime Time Cafe and my favorite item on their lunch menu is the Fish Sandwich which I thought tasted great.

I don't care for any that much at DHS, but if I have to pick it would be 50's, their pot roast is really good. The theming at Sci-fi is cool, but the food is so-so. I did not like Mama Melrose at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter