"Best" TS Lunch at DHS?

I've eaten at PTC every time I've been to DHS/MGM since it opened. I :love: the pot roast and the chicken is incredible. I've never eaten at any other TS at DHS because of this. I almost made an ADR for Sci-Fi for this trip because my bil hates to eat in the car, but couldn't give up my number 1 fave.

We went to both Mama Melrose and 50s Prime Time. Mama Melrose was good but nothing special. 50s Prime Time was fun and we all had a good time. The food was very good, especially the onion rings. We had Memory as our waitress and she was in character the whole time and very entertaining. My teenagers loved it.

Here's another vote for Prime Time Cafe. We go there for lunch every trip. Their pot roast is one of my favorites We also enjoy Mama Melrose's, but we will usually go there for dinner.

Sci-Fi is my favortie lunch in all of the world! :goodvibes It is truly a Disney-only dining experience.

50's Prime Time Cafe is a good choice for lunch; it's fun and the ambiance is great. It is extra fun if you get a fun person to serve you. For those who like Sci Fi: do you think pre school kids would be frightened by the movies they show? I would love to try the Sci Fi next time, but a bit sceptical.

My vote would go to Sci-Fi. It is just such a unique restaurant and the burgers and shakes are actually pretty good. :goodvibes It's a must do for us every trip!

We've also eaten at Mama Melrose's and it was "fine" but not anything as unique as Sci-Fi. Have also done the 50's Prime-Time and think it's a fun place and the food is ok but more for dinner. Hollywood & Vine we did in a Fantasmic Package - ok but nothing to write home about. Only one I guess I can't comment on is the Brown Derby. Just haven't made it there yet!

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful vacation!

To esrags01: We've taken my grandchildren (we do large family trips) since they've been babies and not one of them has been afraid of the movies being shown. They're the old corny ones from my era :rolleyes: and they are nothing like scary movies one can see now.

Another vote for the SCi-Fi here.

It's is our family's favorite lunch spot. Love the burgers, shakes, onion rings, soups, sandwiches. Great stuff and a really cool atmosphere.:banana:

To esrags01: We've taken my grandchildren (we do large family trips) since they've been babies and not one of them has been afraid of the movies being shown. They're the old corny ones from my era :rolleyes: and they are nothing like scary movies one can see now.
Thank you sherylcin. Will try Scifi--I, for one, love the corny movies :)

50's Prime Time Cafe is a good choice for lunch; it's fun and the ambiance is great. It is extra fun if you get a fun person to serve you. For those who like Sci Fi: do you think pre school kids would be frightened by the movies they show? I would love to try the Sci Fi next time, but a bit sceptical.

DS8 is scared easily, and he's been going since he was 4. He loves it! The first trip he talked me into canceling something so we could go twice! We have a great time laughing at all the old movie clips that were supposed to be scary, and he especially loves the cartoons and commericals. :goodvibes

Thanks Trublu. I hope to get the same reaction from my kids.

There was one clip that I was a little worried about at first, but DS burst out laughing! So I think it would help if you talked about the "silly" movie clips and cartoons. If they are like my kids, they are going to LOVE it! :cloud9:

I voted for places we've already tried, but I'm happy to see all the votes for 50's - we're trying it for the first time next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter