Best way to find airfares

coachv

Disney Veteran
I am looking for the best way to find inexpensive airfare on the internet. I am currentlly using travelocity.com
Missed out on some great fares last week because my return date is after June 7th. What other sevices
are out there to keep me informed on great fares. I am traveling out of DFW area.

Try Hotwire.com. They seem to have the lowest prices. Also, I'm a big fan of Priceline.com. You decide your days & then make a bid-taxes are added on after a successful bid. Check as many travel sites as possible(Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, & the airline sites themselves) & then make a bid based on that info. Beware though. If your bid is accepted, you are stuck with that flight itinerary. On the other hand, I have always been pleased with my results. They assure you of a major airline & flight times between 6 am departure & 12:30 am arrival (next day). No refunds or changes. I got a price of $154(Austin to Orlando) for June & the prices I've seen since then have gone from about $175 to the current price of $259!!! I'm feeling pretty good right now. 135 days till the Swan...

We've had good luck using Orbitz - www.orbitz.com. They're now charging a $5 service fee per ticket though. What I like best is that it will display fares for all their airlines so you can compare easily. I usually start there and then go to the airline's website to see if I can match the fare without the surcharge.

If you use Priceline, make sure you brush-up on how to bid. You can get tips and help over at www.biddingfortravel.com . I got $175 out of MSN last year on Priceline, got bumped by United, and am currently trying to use $400 in vouchers by July ;). Unfortunately, prices are so expensive for May that I am thinking about flying my DH and DD on the vouchers and using PL for myself!

BTW, ITA is the search engine behind Orbitz. Use the following link to get the same info without all the Orbitz fluff:
http://beta.itasoftware.com/servlet/cvgdispatch/

We used Orbitz, too for our upcoming trip. They also waived the service fee for being first time users. Could not find better rates and I tried every place. Even when I compared the identical flights on the airline's own website, the fare was $50.00 higher on the airline's own web site!

Thanks for all the information----been trying to use the orbitz.com site all morning and it will not work..will try the above link and see what happens. I am mad because travelocity.com came up with a $84 round trip fare out of Austin to MCO but the cutoff date for the travel was June 7th and I will be returning on the 9th or 10th. Will keep trying though.

Try this one:http://www.sidestep.com/?SbAutoOpen=1

I use it all the time to search airline rates for my husbands business flights. You can also search hotel rooms and car rentals, it will give you cheap to expensive rates for all.

RobinLyn :)

Has anyone used orbitz with a family of 5? It won't let me search for more than 4 passengers. I refuse to book for 4 of us in the event I won't be able to get those flights for the 5th person.
Robin M.

I just did. I booked the four first and then did myself right after. I did run into a glitch with the second booking when it came up that that flight was not available as soon as I hit SUBMIT for the purchase. I was hopping mad! I called their 1-800 number and explained the situation and asked to have the four tickets just purchased refunded and they said they would this time. The person I talked to asked if she could try and get that ticket for me; she did it and was able to get me booked on the same flights. She told me things change so fast with airlines that sometimes that happens. If she could not have booked my flight, she would have refunded those other four tickets.

I called the airlines after and had our seats put together. Our reservations were there with the airlines!

Good luck. Remember to call them with problems!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter