Best Weather proof or water proof Digital.

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
I have Kodak Easy Share DX4330. My big complaint is the lens cap. I don't like lens caps. It doesn't stay on well, etc. I am thinking of replacing it with a weatherproof camera that I can take in the rain, etc and not worry about getting it wet. Olympus makes a couple. Pentax also makes a waterproof camera but I think I read some pros and cons on that. Any opinions on the Olympus Digitals?

ndelaware said:
You still need to keep the lense clean and protected. Why not get a camera where the lense goes into the camera body when not in use. Like these: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6501_7-6061674-1.html?tag=prmo1
The lens actually does but it still needs to be kept clean requiring the lens cap. I actually like the clam shell cover and I am still interested in a weatherproof unit.

ndelaware said:
The link I posted has cameras in it (most) that the lense goes into the body of the camera and little doors cover the lense. There is no reason for a lense cap and no place to attach one anyway. As far as weather proof how about this: http://reviews.cnet.com/Pentax_Optio_WP/4505-6501_7-31272471.html?tag=pdtl-list ?
I had actually read several negatives about the view finder on that camera. My Kodak lacks the 'little doors" over the lens. I have a Pentax with the iris type closure, its a 35 mm. The little doors broke and I have had to push them open when I turn the camera on. They do not close all the way. The cost of repair exceeds replacement so I bought a 35 mm weatherproof Olympus 35 mm. (sometimes I just like film) with a clam shell closure. I prefer that type of closure because the lens is always protected and its almost failure proof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter