Best weeks to go between November and May for "lightest" crowds?

Steffii

Falling in love with Disney again as an adult <3
Hi!

We are trying to plan another WDW trip for next year as we know we won't get everything we want done with a short visit this year and my sister his a HUGE Disney/HP fan so this is our bonding trip. :)

We are out of school and can request time off work as long as it's early enough.

I know that there is not really a light crowd anymore, maybe except when there is heavy rain in August/September. But during the months of January to May, which weeks (please give 2-3 if you can) have the lightest crowds? I've checked 4 or 5 crowd calendars online and they are all kind of different lol.

I selected Nov to May since it's probably going to be cooler before the summer. Would love to go when it's still warm enough to swim if possible.

Thanks!

Nov - early Jan isn’t as light as it once was. Out of the window you offered, I’d go with late Jan to early Feb (basically before spring break) and after Easter into May.

I would recommend the last April into early May. Easter is very late next year - Apr 20, 2025.

Thank you both! Are all the cheer events done by end of April/early May?

If you’re trying to avoid heat, May is hot. We were surprised at just how hot it was in May. I guess I was thinking it wouldn’t be too bad yet but we were hitting ninety some degrees daily. Just an fyi.

We have been the week after Thanksgiving for adult only trip just returned a few days ago from April 28-May 2 adult only trip combining Disney and Universal. There was a cheer competition until April 29. We stayed at AKL so didn’t have the giant cheer groups. Both of these trips were light crowds. Though our usual trips are with DD and literally the worst crowd weeks—week after Christmas, Presidents Day, Spring Break/Easter so anything else feels light to us at this point.

We have been the week after Thanksgiving for adult only trip just returned a few days ago from April 28-May 2 adult only trip combining Disney and Universal. There was a cheer competition until April 29. We stayed at AKL so didn’t have the giant cheer groups. Both of these trips were light crowds. Though our usual trips are with DD and literally the worst crowd weeks—week after Christmas, Presidents Day, Spring Break/Easter so anything else feels light to us at this point.
From experience cheer groups really have the most impact on the resorts they’re staying at. Usually All Stars, Pop, and Coronado. The kids are so busy practicing and competing they really don’t affect park crowds that much.

From experience cheer groups really have the most impact on the resorts they’re staying at. Usually All Stars, Pop, and Coronado. The kids are so busy practicing and competing they really don’t affect park crowds that much.

This is so true. My niece does this cheer group and my SIL goes with the group as a chaperone. They usually pick CSR to stay and have only one or two partial days in the parks. She also said the tickets in their cheer package do not include park hopping and they don't pay for G+ as it's a waste. The girls split into small groups of 4 when they go to a park so it's not huge groups walking around. Nothing bigger than a typical family and they are all in the standby lines.

This is so true. My niece does this cheer group and my SIL goes with the group as a chaperone. They usually pick CSR to stay and have only one or two partial days in the parks. She also said the tickets in their cheer package do not include park hopping and they don't pay for G+ as it's a waste. The girls split into small groups of 4 when they go to a park so it's not huge groups walking around. Nothing bigger than a typical family and they are all in the standby lines.
I went during one of the cheer competitions once and had no idea it was even happening until I went to Coronado one day to check out the resort. It was crazy over there.

I would check places like mousesavers for scheduled special events / activities during late May- June. You can figure close enough dates for next year, maybe book and then modify dates when those types of things become "set".

I agree. We didn’t see any noticeable groups. I would not have known there was a big competition around if I hadn’t found out beforehand

Middle of May is when they’re done. Cheer events usually happen in early May iirc.

Any time in May is great though. We usually go the end of the month for my birthday and it’s honestly my favorite time to go.
Thanks! I was thinking of going mid-May next time as well. Itll be a few days after the last cheer event. I am worried about the hot weather though. I saw this years some days are over 95C :o

Thanks! I was thinking of going mid-May next time as well. Itll be a few days after the last cheer event. I am worried about the hot weather though. I saw this years some days are over 95C :o
I won’t lie, it can get hot but it’s not nearly as bad as later in the summer bc of the comparative lack of humidity. Heat doesn’t bother me though so I’m probably not a good person to ask 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter