Beth and Tory's January 24, 2015 wedding

FSU Fanatics

Lifetime Disney Fan (I'm local)
After a few asked I am creating a PJ. Please pardon me if I have to post a few times but I am on an IPad most of the time as my FI works on the Mac.

About us:
I am Beth and I am a 29 year old wedding photographer and mother to a now 4yr old. I have a pug and love nature. He is 24 and in the Army. He is also a huge FSU fan. That is all I can share about him though.

How we met:
He had a feeling to apply for a job at Lowe's as a second job took keep him busy in his down time. I also had a feeling to apply at Lowe's so I could get my daughter and I into a house. I started almost a month after him. For months he flirted with me by taking my Oakley's off my head when I came into work or when he got into work. It wasn't until almost 5-6 mom this later that a girl I work with asked what was going on between he and I said nothing but it made me think about "what if". The next day he asked me for my number. A week later, early in the morning, he asked me out but it would have to wait till he got back home from Drill weekend he was leading. That same day I worked an early shift and he came in later that day. He mentioned something about a group of coworkers going out with him and asked me to come. I said no at first but after I went home I thought about it. I then said I would go out with them. Fate would have it that everyone canceled for one reason or another but he and I decided to still meet. We have been together ever since.

Getting engaged:
He talks in his sleep sometimes and for months had been talking about asking me to marry him. In June he asked my parents to meet for lunch when they came back into our town from their vacation on their way home. I knew what that meant. After that talk with my parents we knew we needed to start planning in case he had to leave. At the end of July we talked dates and chose April 4 since it was my moms spring break and between our birthdays. We discussed a destination wedding but after family wouldn't have been able to attend we chose another venue here locally. After weeks of lies and having to change our date due to them being "booked" from February to June we decided to go to Disney to get married. I have been going to Disney my entire life yet he had never actually been. In September we met with our sales manager and are still working on details I will discuss below. Now Disney has an even more special meaning as after we decided on Disney my FI was offered his dream job at Disney!

No STD or invites yet but our family and friends know the date. With planning so quickly and not knowing a lot of details we just provided info and will send out official invites soon.

We are nontraditional. He went dress shopping with me both times I went. We originally bought a Monique Lhuillier but even with rush shipping they could not get it in on time like they had said. Knowing we were on a time crunch we drove to Tampa and hit CC's bridal. I was able to walk out with my dress in tow as well as another one I got for only $50 since they were having a sample sale and I wanted the beading from the $50 dress.

I am not a ballroom type girl as I love to be outside. We had our meeting with our sales manager last month but were very disappointed as we were only showed ballrooms even after I said I didn't want them. It was a miss communication I guess. He saw my post on here and was going to call me to talk but I beat him to it. He gave us a few more options but I wanted the Castle. He said they do not offer it during our meeting but over the phone said they have select dates available for a 730am ceremony. He would have to request our date to see if it was open. Sadly, two days after the conversation he emailed us saying our date was booked 2 years ago. They do not offer it after park closes so we had to look at other options.

My FI has a degree in architecture and after talking about what I wanted he drew up a design. We had called and spoke with a female at DFTW to ask of we could have the croquet lawn for a custom design as well assume it for our ceremony and reception. She said yes for an extra fee for flipping it. We went to view the lawn ourselves this past Tuesday to see the size. While there we called our sales manager and asked him if she was correct about having our ceremony and reception there and then to sign. He said no we could only have our ceremony there. I think it is ridiculous to spend so much to build a custom design to only use it for 20 minutes and have our reception elsewhere. Tuesday we will be asking for a planner who can help us with more options. We have a few other things in the works at Disney which I cannot discuses until they are approved. Just a waiting game to hear back.

So far we have:
My dresses
His uniform and tux
Bridal party asked
BM dresses chosen
Boys tuxes ordered
My photographer
Father/daughter dance song
And I think first dance song

I know not a lot is done for only having 3 months left but I know Disney will take care of pretty much everything once we choose our locations. We also had our cake designed and booked but it looks like we have to cancel it since we have to use Disney for a cake. We love our cake since they are not super sweet and made us a key lime cake with custom key lime buttercream just for us. Trying to figure out how to still get cake from them since that is what we want. We are thinking of switching to cupcakes for them and having them in people's rooms.

We will be having a dessert party either the night before or after the reception depending on what is open and timing. I think we both agree to have it the night before so our guest are not eating cake and then going straight to a dessert party. We are deciding between Porte Cochere or Italy Isola for that.

The two of you sound adorable :) So exciting to see how things are starting to work out! I thought we were doing all our Disney wedding planning in a rush with booking 5 months out, but you guys are doing it in even less! Thankfully, Disney does make it all a lot easier once you get everything going. It sounds like they're working with you more now, which is fantastic. I hope you are able to have exactly what the two of you are looking for in a venue that is what you wanted. Can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more about what you two come up with. :goodvibes I'm so happy you decided to start a journal!

Following! I love how you want a custom/not ballroom wedding down in Disney, can't wait to hear more!

Totally forgot I have a photo of the BM dress. After an exhausting search I think we finally found one. Still want to see it again since the time my sister tried it on my niece and daughter needed naps. Trying to find a dress to accommodate my sister is hard. What I like she hates on her body.

It is Alfred Angelo 7277l in black with a lilac belt with crystals. I wanted a Dessy dress in Tahiti but my sister did not like any of the dresses. Then we found out we couldn't even get them in on time. Good news is my FI has a friend who sews and owns her own studio. She is already making my rehearsal dress, my daughters dress, and FG dress so if we can't get the BM dresses in on time she is going to make them custom dresses so they fit he girls better. I really wanted Twobirds but they couldn't come in on time either.

87A48679-4E99-49F7-ABC0-19AB6F8AC35B_zpsx9nce7r3.jpg

For some reason I am in love with this dress but can't remember where it was from. This is what I showed my FIs sewing friend for rehearsal or maybe the girls.
7B1220CD-4F9B-41D2-972B-FB638E803F38_zpswv9viu3p.png

Called our sales manager today to give him a list of things we wanted to see for backup ideas as we wanted a meeting tomorrow but they are not available.

Indiana Jones - can't show us but will discuss it next Thursday when our sales manager is finally available again

Great Movie Ride - not a huge fan of it because they are not my types of movies but I am keeping options open just-in-case, they cannot show it as well

Atlantic Dance Hall - our sales manager wants to show us so we will see it

Prop Shop - no longer an option since they don't know the future of it, should start renovations in March but they do not want to risk it. They are adding cool things though from what I hear.

Dessert Party ideas :
Italy - my favorite place and amazing view of Epcot's fireworks. My FI cannot handle fireworks so this may not work.

Contemporary Porte-Cochere - looks like a cool, place since you can do a lot with it. Can see fireworks from this location but not be right up on them. The sales managers assistant said they wouldn't take us to see this since we could drive by it ourselves.

More to come next week when we have our meeting. It is our 3 month mark. Eek!

Location is booked!!!!! We ended up not doing what I wanted since it is now announced to be going under renovations as of Jan 2. :( we walked around today and found something that would work and hasn't been done before there at Disney. Our appointment was at 9 am but due to a not nice person speeding up and slowing down so we couldn't get over to take our exit we ended up getting there at 915. We didn't leave till almost noon since Joe was full of ideas and was amazing today!

Here is a list of what we saw minus what we chose, lol.

Italy - we increased our guest count to accommodate me wanting the Isola. We will use the Isola for the dessert party the night before. We looked at West Plaza too since they connect but I could not see how 50-85 people would fit for a dessert party. Joe brought up again we could use the Isola for our reception but we couldn't have our own music unless we used headphones.

American Rotunda - LOVE this as it is pretty and did not need much work but it has to be used after park hours which means my grandfather who turned 98 yesterday and a few others would go to their hotel after the ceremony. The big reason it wasn't chosen was that my FI felt like he was back in Washington so he vetoed it quickly. For those wondering, you attend the illuminations at Italy for cocktail hour if using the Rotunda and then move over when the fireworks are done. I am still in love with this venue but if all works out for the custom idea I have it is going to surpass even this beautiful venue. It is my backup choice though if something happens and we can't have what we chose today.

American Dance Hall - beautiful but not for our theme. Perfect for a movies, Great Gatsby, or movie theme. Joe even warned us about it before we went but we had to see it to get it off the list.

Boardwalk ballroom - the one with the higher ceilings was marked tentative so it wasn't an option right now and I told them if we were to use a ballroom then we would have to have high ceilings as I hate feeling closed in. After a 3 hour discussion with my FI last night in the hot tub we figured out why I hate ballrooms. I am an outdoors person as I love being outside and not cooped up. I asked if any had a higher ceiling and he said a few did but most were booked or tentative. I also feel limited by them artistically but I was told they can work magic in ballrooms so we saw it.

Contemporary ballroom - booked for convention

We saw one more location which we chose. It allows for a lot of customizations to completely change it and a ton of other options. I cannot wait to meet our planner.

Oh, I think "Carsland" will be done by then and we could use it as a venue just in case but I couldn't picture using it for a wedding. We had people throwing ideas around and that was something someone brought up if it was available then. I know if we waited till the end of the year we could have a killer Star Wars wedding from what I hear is going on from my friends who are Star Wars fanatics. We just do not want to wait, lol. It is good having friends who are Disney fanatics. Can't get any info from cast members though so it is all speculation.

Hollywood Studios is pretty much all blocked out for renovations as is Animal Kingdom since they do not know when they are expected to be done for sure.

More in the next post. Just wanted to keep locations together.

My dress:
We found out today that my dress cannot be saved. It came to me with a few snags in the skirt that the salon said would come out but they didn't. It was a sample since my Monique wouldn't come in on time. We hit Alfred Angelo after we left Franck's and I found a dress we both liked.

Last night at the hot tub we talked about changing outfits after our ceremony (him from uniform to tux) so we were going to look for another dress anyways after we left Franck's. The cleaners called us while we were at Alfred Angelo's to tell us it couldn't be fixed. I think I may just chop it off at the knees and use it for my rehearsal dress. I did buy another dress when I bought the sample one and we are going to take it in from a slim ball gown to a very slim Aline for my reception dress. It was pretty much free after we negotiated prices!

I will add photos when I get them uploaded. It is AA 758 which I didn't think we would like but we both did. Perfect ceremony dress. I loved 892 but the top only.

Bridesmaids:
My FI saw them today and gave them his "ok". AA 7727l it is in black with a light purple sash and beading.

So fun! I'm sorry to hear about the dress, but glad that it sounds like you've resolved the issue.

So do we ever get to here which venue that you picked? Before the ceremony? :)

So it IS Carsland that they're building there, huh? I guess that works...putting it into Hollywood Studios. I had heard mere speculation that Carsland and a "Star Wars" land was going to go into there...but it's good to here "verification" of some sort that Carsland is happening. I personally don't think it's worth it for what they're tearing out...but I guess that's Disney's call. It'll be one extra thing that makes me spend less time at Hollywood Studios than I already do. ("Cars" was not my thing--but I know that it is for others.)

Tiffiny

Cars land in CA is absolutely PHENOMENAL-- but it's done so much to boost attendance in CA I'm surprised they're even considering building another one in FL. Without confirmation, I'm still hoping it will be a Pixar-land. But you know whatever happens that won't be done for YEARS!!! Heck, they haven't even confirmed Star Wars land and that's practically a given!!
Either way I am SUPER curious about the venue you chose! Why aren't you announcing it I'm dying to know! :-) :-)

Cars land in CA is absolutely PHENOMENAL-- but it's done so much to boost attendance in CA I'm surprised they're even considering building another one in FL. Without confirmation, I'm still hoping it will be a Pixar-land. But you know whatever happens that won't be done for YEARS!!! Heck, they haven't even confirmed Star Wars land and that's practically a given!!
Either way I am SUPER curious about the venue you chose! Why aren't you announcing it I'm dying to know! :-) :-)

I'm not a huge Cars fan, but Carsland is stunning. They did a fantastic job with the theme and details. We love to just go and walk through that area because it is so well done. Hopefully whatever they're putting in there is just as amazing in terms of theming (and possibly an area of future sites for future weddings?!!)

My iPad refreshed and deleted everything I had typed so here is the short version. :)

My friends and family stalk the boards so that is why I can't share too many details.

Original plan:
To have a Tuscan design similar to the place we had originally booked here locally. Once we paid we found out they were full of lies and looked at having a destination wedding but ended up deciding on Disney since it was easier for family. We drew up a cute design but when they said we could only use it for our ceremony there we had to think of something else. I just couldn't justify all that money for the design for 20 minutes.

New plan:
We booked ballrooms 6-9 at GF and have Whitehall for cocktail hour. We are doing a custom design which I am kind of excited about since I have a few surprises we can do outside the park where I couldn't if we were in park.

:darth:

So we officially have been told our theme is a first for Disney!!!! We are still trying to meet with our planner between everyone schedules.

Joe, who I had mentioned about in the wedding forum, actually will be our planner if approved. Once we came up with a theme and told him he lit up like a kid in a candy store. That second appointment went very well. I was still sad that I couldn't have what I really wanted but this is even better in a way. Come to find out he is so excited that he created a secret Pintrest board for ideas. His ideas are even more amazing then getting married at the castle. I am so excited.

I still have to get a dress but strangely I am not even stressing about it. We order my girls dresses this week or next as they only take 9 weeks max with a rush order. We haven't ordered yet since I have one BM who hasn't been able to get measured. AA is doing their 50% off samples for military couples this Friday till Tuesday so maybe I will find one there. If not I have a few other options for my ceremony dress.

Now that our guest list is up to 125 people now it is a good thing we are doing what we are doing. More are still being added but we are trying to get the actual "yes" count to 100-120. We had 15 "no" responses already before our invites even have gone out since we knew people needed time to get off. Those that said "no" where his coworkers that already had plans for that day. Once we meet with the planner hopefully invites will be sent out.

Having to choose hotels for people is a little daunting. I have no idea about the hotels and prices since I have only ever staid at Riverside. What is around The Grand Floridian to give people choices of 3 in each price range? Joe listed some but that was for if we got married at boardwalk and had our reception in Epcot.

The BEST thing about your wedding is that it's in January so I won't have to WAIT too long to get DETAILS!!! I'm so mad your guests read these boards so you don't want to talk about it!!!! Lol!!!!!

The BEST thing about your wedding is that it's in January so I won't have to WAIT too long to get DETAILS!!! I'm so mad your guests read these boards so you don't want to talk about it!!!! Lol!!!!!

Lol!!! I want to tell someone so bad. My mom called me twice today for details and it was so hard to keep quite. One of the surprises is for her so I couldn't ruin it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter