Better late than never-Sept trip to Port Orleans

Fyrecat

Catmagick
:wizard:

I'm sorry it's so late, and I'm afraid it will be totally boring as I only have a couple pictures to add.

Last year for my MSW graduation and my husband's and my birthdays, we finally-finally managed to have a short vacation to WDW! It had always been my dream to stay on site. I looked up rates and because we got such a great deal, were able to afford to stay where we had always wanted to-Port Orleans, Riverside. We picked PO because my husband is from the Gulf Coast, and worked for awhile in New Orleans, and was intrigued by the experience. We were actually one of the groups that tested out the magic bands and we have to tell you we really found them great!

We left on Wed, and got an early morning flight, and got to the airport, where it was very easy to find the ME. It was a really lovely experience.
We were so excited when we got to POR.
The only glitch was that they were having trouble synching the bands to our reservation. That said, after about 30 minutes, they finally were able to do it. We were on our way! We found our way to our room and it was wonderful! There was a towel animal on our bathroom counter! The room was very nice, it was a corner room, and if we had one complaint about it was that the mattresse was so hard we found it hard to sleep. After 2 nights we asked for and got a matress foam pad and that did help!
Also, the room was a little dark. In fact, it was alot dark unless you keep the window curtains completely open. Because the walkway is right outside your door, you have plenty of company if you do that. That was the one thing I didn't really care for, but, whatever.
We were starving, so we went down to the food court to eat something as it was close. Now, I have to say, the food court food was pretty good. The selection could be better, but for what you get, it's ok.
We didn't get the meal plan, it was either a room discount or the meal plan. I'm going to be honest and tell you, that for us, this worked out well. Truthfully, we ate well, we weren't deprived and we didn't have the pressure of using up all our meal plan credits. However, servers and counter folks seemed bewildered-we simply paid out of pocket, and it was fine.
I forget what we had, I think it was some sort of sandwich, but it was ver good, and I didn't find the prices insane-they weren't too bad at all.
We walked around the resort to check things out and went back to our room and had a short nap. We were really tired. When we woke up it was bout 3pm...and we decided, since we had unlimited passes, that we would go to EPCOT!

Not boring at all! Looking forward to more of your TR. I wanted to stay at POR if I went solo and still want to do that. It looks so beautiful and relaxing. I'm glad they gave you a mattress pad. Congrats on your graduation! Looks like you have another trip planned! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter