Narcoosees v California Grill for date night?

jess2022

Mouseketeer
For an anniversary celebration date night, would you choose Narcoosees or California Grill? Both menus looks great. We’re staying at Grand Floridian, so Narcoosees is easier, but we’re fine going over to CG if it’s the better experience.

Honestly you can’t go wrong with either choice. We always eat at both on our trips and love both for different reasons. The view is beautiful from CG and you can see the fireworks from way up high. You can also see the fireworks from Narcoossee’s, but of course that’s only if you book your ressie around the time of the fireworks. CG also has the prix fix menu so there’s little wiggle room. So if you don’t like prix fixe I would choose Narcoossee’s. But both food options are 10/10 for us. Sorry if I didn’t make it any easier!

Honestly you can’t go wrong with either choice. We always eat at both on our trips and love both for different reasons. The view is beautiful from CG and you can see the fireworks from way up high. You can also see the fireworks from Narcoossee’s, but of course that’s only if you book your ressie around the time of the fireworks. CG also has the prix fix menu so there’s little wiggle room. So if you don’t like prix fixe I would choose Narcoossee’s. But both food options are 10/10 for us. Sorry if I didn’t make it any easier!

Thanks! This definitely helps. Do you find service to be consistently good at both?

California grill hands down. Narcoossee’s has great food but does not feel like a signature experience. No table clothes, cheap looking flooring and beachy windows that makes the location scream beach bar instead of fine dining establishment. CG is so much better if an experience and the food is also great. To be clear, I feel like narcoossee’s food is amazing and signature, I just don’t think the experience is.

Both are good choices. I give the edge to Narcoossees because of the more flexible menu options. The fireworks views are great from either place.

As others have said, they are both great choices, but I would probably lean toward Narcoosees. The view and service at Cali are wonderful, but it's a bigger restaurant, so not as quiet and intimate as Narcoosees would be. I also think the food is better at Narcoosees. For a special date night, I think I would choose Narcoosees.

We have enjoyed both and never had a bad meal at either.
Narcoossees you can see the water pageant which is fun. You can see fireworks, but the angle is way off.
California Grill, great view. The view for fireworks is still off, but not as bad. Staff is great at timing the meal for the fireworks.
If you don't want Prix-fixe, then don't do CG.
Ultimately, I would look at the menu as go to what looks best for you. You won't get a bad meal at either.

I've always loved both Narcoossee's and California Grill. The one advantage California Grill offers is the great view. But since they have gone to the prix fixe the view is all they have to offer me. My days of CG are over unless that menu changes. :(

So with that it is Narcoossee's. The menu is excellent, the location is great, and the view is pretty good as well. I was just there a few weeks ago and it did not disappoint at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter