Beverage carry on ?

Shanna-like-Banana

DIS Veteran
Of course most cruise lines official policy is that no beverages of any type are allowed to be carried on.

RCCL has a little bit of info about bottles of wine per size per person

I'm asking about bottled water. I've been on two cruises and both times, I've seen people standing in check in holding cases of water, or the 12packs of the liters.

I'm taking my Girl Scout troop in June and before I make the stop to by cases of water to try and carry on, who has successfully done this ?

Some of my girls drink almost strictly water and lots of it. I can't imagine forking out the price of a drink package just to be able for them to have water. Plus, our Girl Scout motto is Be Prepared, so we want to make sure we have clean drinking water on our excursions also.

Their tap water is filtered and tastes fine. They have self serve water and it tastes great. I wouldn't bother to pay for and lug on a case of water.

Denise

we don't need that much water, so we usually only take a 6-pack or so, but we put it in our carryon and have had no problem in 9 royal cruises out of numerous ports. if you are going during spring break time (march/april), be aware that they do often crack down on carrying on water during that time, as they are trying to avoid people sneaking on vodka and other clear liquor. otherwise, chances are it will be fine.

ship tap water is available in coolers in the windjammer and cafe promenade (if your ship has one), and possibly other places depending on the ship. as denise said, it is filtered and tastes fine. you can bring refillable water bottles and the girls can refill them at the coolers, or even from the sinks in your room. at the coolers, they just ask that you put the water in a glass first (can be found at the coolers) and then pour that into the bottles, rather than putting the refillable bottles right under the spout. if you are concerned about your bottle water getting confiscated, using refillable bottles is a good option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter