Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

u dont need to have it but it will help u..a few ppl that worked with me didn't have any experience, but have worked with kids

TinkerbellLuvr7 did BBB in 2008. She wrote an amazing live report on the boards talking about her experience, from the time she was accepted until she left:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1581326
It really helped prepare me for my program (though I didn't do BBB).

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

I really wish I could have written more but now that I look back on it, if I would have sat inside my room day after day when not working, I would have missed out on tons of stuff!!!

I'm here if anyone has any questions. I'm planning (hopefully) to go back and work a day or 2 in May and then a few days in Aug to keep my CT status!!!!!

do you have to have salon experience to be chosen for BBB?

I did not have any formal salon training. They asked if you can do a pony tail, braid, and have knowledge of make-up and nails.

I danced for 10 years so I told my interviewer that I was aware and could do all of those things.

When I started my training, I was in the first group of Spring 2008 CPs and there were 3 of us in the first group and the other 2 girls were cosmetologists so there was a bit of frustration when they got the hairstyles the first day and it took me longer to get it but just be patient!!! My trainer--Johanna was awesome but sadly she is in Toontown now.

thanks everyone! does anyone know when we find out which location we're at? or are we all in the castle?

thanks everyone! does anyone know when we find out which location we're at? or are we all in the castle?

You will find out on arrival. Florida-Site Disney College Program Participants in the WDWCP Boutique Hostess role are generally split half and half between Magic Kingdom Park and the Downtown Disney Area.

My program was 2 years ago but I believe I got my letter in the check-in line that said where I was going to be located. Of course it was MK :) Good luck!

Hey Ashley, When I went to WDW, I got the chance to meet someone who worked in the boutique; she seemed to love it. The hours were fair, and the work was air conditioned so she never had to worry about the weather. On top of that, usually she and her workers got to tour the parks after the boutique closed and enjoy everything else on property. Have fun!

I got accepted a few weeks ago and I'm really excited! I was nervous at first but now I'm feeling good about it.

I've done a lot of hair/makeup before. I'm a theatre major and have designed and constructed many many shows :- ) I've also had a lot of education courses and plan to eventually be a teacher so this job seems basically too-good-to-be-true for me! I'm really excited!

Can't wait to meet you all and work together. We're going to have fun!

A couple of questions for past FGITs:

1.) What is the backstage area like for BBB (both DTD and MK locations)? Do you have lockers? Lunch rooms? Cafeteria? Did most of you come to work in costume or change once you were there?

2.) What kind of hours did you get? Did you have an overall consistent schedule?

3.) How long did it take for you to basically master the hairstyles?

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions as it gets closer to August :goodvibes

1.) What is the backstage area like for BBB (both DTD and MK locations)? Do you have lockers? Lunch rooms? Cafeteria? Did most of you come to work in costume or change once you were there?

2.) What kind of hours did you get? Did you have an overall consistent schedule?

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions as it gets closer to August :goodvibes

1.) I worked in MK, so I don't know about the downtown location, but everyone in MK gets a locker (the kind like in high school)..there's of course the women's locker room then another for the guys. It's actually pretty big and I got confused as to where the exit was/lost my locker a few times in the beginning haha. It's sort of near the entrance to the tunnels. The BBB is one of the few places that doesn't have their own break room, but we could use the CRT's bathrooms in their break room (you would go through our stockroom in the back and up some stairs). For your breaks, you just walked back down the stairs to the cafeteria, which is where a lot of ppl take their breaks. Sometimes I came to worked already dressed, but I usually kept a spare costume in my locker and if I played in the park before work, I would just change in the locker room.

2.) My hours were pretty consistent. Hours for MK and DTD are really different though. MK was always slammed full of people while the DTD location would have a ton of room for walk-ins. They'd sometimes go a while without having anyone there, so whenever MK was too full we would suggest they go down there. Most days I worked 2pm-8pm, but at least 1-3 times a week I would work 8am-8pm (I liked the overtime haha)...and days off would be different almost every week for me. Many times I got to ER around 7:30.

3.) We trained in a tiny back room (I think it was under Phillarmagic so it was kinda loud lol). We got to work on fake heads for 2-3 days and that's all I really needed. Then when you feel ready, you go to the Boutique with your trainer and watch them for a while, then under their supervision you start on the kids. I think by the 4th or 5th days I was doing it by myself with some help and by the end of the week I was good to go. If you feel like you need more time they'll help you, but they're really not too bad to do. You'll find that there's always 1 you love to do and 1 you probably will hate haha. You always pray the girls choose your favorite. The bun was the easiest and fastest, the diva was kinda in the middle, and the pop princess takes the longest usually. I actually took one of the fake heads home one night and got it signed out by my manager so I could practice one night. Security thought I was stealing it and my manager had to write a letter for me haha

1). I always came to work dressed in my "street clothes" just in case I would go somewhere after work (I had a car). There is no rule stating that you can't go into a Walmart wearing your BBB outfit but you are also considered a lower-grade "face character" and I wouldn't want to deal with that out in public. Also by the end of a day, no matter the shift, you are typically covered in pixie dust and hair products, not to mention any hair critters that might have been on a princess so I always changed out my costumes every day since they are washed for free.
I would take my breaks in the cafe which is at the entrance of the tunnel.

2.) I worked at BBB MK as well and I would typically get 7:30-8, 8-8, 7:30-2, 2-8, or if you are super lucky 7:30-1:15 (which was not too often). They aren't consistent as in you don't know that on one Sat you work open to close and another Sat might be a 6 hour shift.

3.) It took me about a week to master the hair styles. The 2 other CPs I trained with were both licensed Cosmos so they got the styles within a day or 2 which was frustrating to me but I also took a head home to practice and that helped! It really doesn't click until you are doing it on actual hair and you will quickly find out the type of hair you LOVE doing and the type you HATE. Don't be afraid to ask the other FGITs for help, they will be more than willing to help or take over for you!

I was at the MK BBB for Fall 2009 ^_^ I loved it to bits and made some amazing friends. The hours are great, since it' only open 8-8. The cool thing with Fall is the FGITs that work the later shift on MNSSHP nights get to stay and "play" in the party with the guests for an hr or so. We did princess lessons, hula hoop toss, pixie dust (of course) and etc. The holiday times at BBB are pretty awesome <3

feel free to PM me if you have any questions <3

If you girls have any specific questions about the BBB, feel free to ask me. I was a FGIT for the Fall 09 CP. I can tell you that it was the best experience of my life, but I didn't truly appreciate it until too far into the program. I worked at DTD and made some of the best friends I could ever imagine. The F/T and P/T FGITS are typically great, but really the other CPs are what makes the experience the best. Be sure to take the time to realize how lucky you are and how wonderful it is to be working at the Boutique. Also if you need some tips for good stories to tell to entertain your princesses. PM me. Good luck & have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter