Big runDisney announcement coming in April

Yes the Card Clearly says there is a new RunDisney race we wanted you to know about.

I would love to see a Pirates themed or Villains themed event.

I just hope it's in Orlando and not CA. It's not very likely I'd trek there. Amy thinks FL from Galloway, so I'm hoping! And, yes, a Marathon Monday would be a supreme letdown.

ANy possibility they will put create a princess full or even a princess relay in addition the the 1/2?

I am with you on the marathon monday, but there will be an announce for that soon.

The logical race is the flower and garden tie.

I just hope it's in Orlando and not CA. It's not very likely I'd trek there. Amy thinks FL from Galloway, so I'm hoping! And, yes, a Marathon Monday would be a supreme letdown.

I am opposite. I really hope that if it isn't an international race that it is in California. Even though I have to travel far to get there, the DL half is a nice change from WDW and I think that the west coasters get the short end of the stick with having to travel to all the WDW races.

I highly doubt that they would have a Princess full. It doesn't seem to fit the demographic of the Princess at all...Half Marathons seem to be a lot easier logistically and most likely more profitable.

I have to admit, I'm intriguied by the idea of an international race. It seems like the place it would make the most sense is Disneyland Paris, but the timing and logistics don't seem right to announce that at this point. There are a couple of things I'm thinking here:

1. DLP seems to make the most sense because it would be easy for Americans and Brits to get there. You can fly to either London or Paris and very quickly and easily get to DLP on the Eurostar. The first time I took the Eurostar from London to Paris I was actually shocked to see there were DLP employees in the train station checking people in! The Asia parks seem like they would be too far for many Americans to go to (but I could be completely wrong).

2. But that being said, DLP does NOT make it particularly easy for Americans to book very far in advance. I tried (unsuccesfully) to book DLP using my DVC points and then cash, and I kept running into booking window problems, since DLP only likes to release booking dates to Americans in six month windows, which seem to run November-April.

3. A spring race seems unlikely at DLP, because of the booking window issues, and the fact that the Paris Marathon is typically at the beginning of April.

These are just my thoughts. I would love to hear others ideas on an international race!

I am opposite. I really hope that if it isn't an international race that it is in California. Even though I have to travel far to get there, the DL half is a nice change from WDW and I think that the west coasters get the short end of the stick with having to travel to all the WDW races.

I highly doubt that they would have a Princess full. It doesn't seem to fit the demographic of the Princess at all...Half Marathons seem to be a lot easier logistically and most likely more profitable.

I would also like another DL race. I live in TX so I'm right in the middle between WDW and DL. It was so nice going to DL in '09 to cheer on family and friends. I hadn't been to DL for SO long and I did have to adjust a bit. Not only was I smaller the previous trip to DL (9 years old), but I had gotten so used to WDW. DL looked so small! But it was nice to be within walking distance of the parks I loved it :thumbsup2

I am with you on the marathon monday, but there will be an announce for that soon.

The logical race is the flower and garden tie.

I hope so. If the "big announcement" is the continuation of marathon Monday it needs to be made over a sound bed of crickets chirping.

Those of you who are hoping for an international race, there are already great international races that are worth the trip. Paris has both a full and half marathon and to be honest, even if DLP did do a race I'd rather do the proper Paris marathon before a Disney one in France. Of course I am also one of those strange people who really wants to go to France and seeing DLP isn't even on my top 100 things to do while there.

Those of you who are hoping for an international race, there are already great international races that are worth the trip. Paris has both a full and half marathon and to be honest, even if DLP did do a race I'd rather do the proper Paris marathon before a Disney one in France. Of course I am also one of those strange people who really wants to go to France and seeing DLP isn't even on my top 100 things to do while there.

FireDancer--I think I would like to do the Paris Marathon more than the DLP race too. As big of a Disney fan as I am, we're only going to DLP for one day, and this is my second long trip to France--so I've done most of the core France things before DLP!

I hope so. If the "big announcement" is the continuation of marathon Monday it needs to be made over a sound bed of crickets chirping.

Funny, I am headed over there for a week for work and DLP is not on the list at all. I am working with the firm to see if I can reschedule for July so I can pick up a little TdF. Otherwise, its all Real France, not make believe.

But in saying that, I would probably do the DLP marathon if offered.... well maybe.

Funny, I am headed over there for a week for work and DLP is not on the list at all. I am working with the firm to see if I can reschedule for July so I can pick up a little TdF. Otherwise, its all Real France, not make believe.

But in saying that, I would probably do the DLP marathon if offered.... well maybe.

The TdF is definitely on that top 100 list. I hope you get to see some of it. :thumbsup2

add me to the list of people that have no desire to do a Disneyland Paris race when there's the Paris marathon and semi-marathon.

fun fact of the day: did you know 75 percent of the field for the semi-marathon is male? I thought that was so crazy in today's day and age!

no idea what they will do for this new race, especially if it's in orlando. if it's the same course as donald/princess, i probably would have little interest, especially if it's a high probability for hot weather

Does Disney even own that much land in Paris? It definitely doesn't own enough land in Anaheim for a full.

runDisney's status on FB right now:

There's a new runDisney race we wanted you to know about. We're very excited and we hope you'll run with us. Before long, we'll let everyone know the theme of our latest race. Want to know now? The answer lies within these words! To follow along, just look for the image below to solve race clues that reveal our newest race! Our first clue will be posted soon!

My guess is that it will be a women-only event during the Flower & Garden festival.

(My backup guess is that it will be either women-only or women-oriented, wherever and whenever it is.)

I WIN!!!

St Patties day 5, 10 and 15 k along with a relay

5k may be 5 mile = 8 k

There's an image directly below that status...but it's just the runDisney logo.

All that tells me is it won't be a tri. Like I commented there as soon as they changed their name from Disney Endurance to RunDisney I figured they wouldn't do a tri any time soon.

I will divulge all I know then what I guess.

Looking at all the FB posts you get St Patrick's Day. It's not a Disney thing at all so it struck me funny last week when they posted. St Patty is on Saturday in 2012

Then you have the 5, 10 and 15 mentioned in various PB posts.

Relay is posted on a few posts

Baseball is a tie for future years

Then on the tags for the 2012 January relay you find... 10k 8k and 15k, along with the Half and full marathon tags. OK this one is a stretch and I would hope they include something longer than a 15k. (Oh, 8k - 5 miles, thus the 5 in the FB posts and an error on my original).

So I add it all up and get the guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter