Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Brodiecat

Mouseketeer
I heard this is under rehab soon. My daughter is going to be so upset. Last time we were there, they would not let her on it but they let her go on Splash Mountain. That was 3 years ago. She so wants to ride BTMR. Is the rehab really soon. Going Sept 13-21

According to the WDW website, BTMR is going to be closed 0825 thru 1121 for refurbishment. My DH is upset too, were going in 11 days and it will be closed for us also.

Sorry, Have a great trip anyway.:(

When we were there in November 2000 it was closed for rehab. Now we are going back November 2003...it will be in rehab again.

That's the way it goes I guess.:(

Laura

I completely understand! DD was too short the last time we were there, and she was VERY excited about being tall enough for a "real roller coaster." She isn't quite tall enough for Space Mountain, so BTMRR was it for her...

I haven't broken it to her yet.

This was my sons favorite last year (well besides Buzz) because he was too small to go on Space Mountain. We rode it over and over and over again. This year he may come close to getting on Space Mountain (he was exactly 44 inches this month at a check up but have heard Disney is a bit over 44) so hopefully that will make up for BTMRR being closed.

And to top it off - RNR will closed during our stay as well - this is "my" favore ride :(

Am I the only one a little upset about the timing of these refurbishments? They had been postcarding and advertising this fairy tale package to death in the spring. They get everyone signed up then decide to refurbish some of their major attractions during the run of the package. I want the rides to be safe and I know that maintenance is required but is anything being refurbished in January? or February? BMTRR, RnRC, ToT, will all be down in September. BMTRR through all of September and October. We only get to go every 2-3 years and BMTRR is the only ride my 6 year old daughter has really been excited about so I guess I'm just disappointed for her. I know that's the way it goes, I know we'll have a great time anyway. Sorry, just needed to vent, thanks.

BTMRR is my middle daughter's favorite. It's one of the few things that our WHOLE family enjoys! I wonder why the refurb is so long? I'm hoping that they open it up a little early, as we are going 11/9-16.

Oh well - if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Disney doesn't seem to be listening to its loyal fans much lately, anyway.

what are the dates that the RnRC is going to be under rehab? I was really looking forward to going on it!!

Otto's Doll

Here is the list of refurbishments/closings/openings directly from the WDW website:

To provide Walt Disney World® Guests with the highest-quality experience, attraction maintenance is occasionally necessary. Please refer to the following schedule to see what attractions may be closed during all or part of your next visit. For updated details, you may wish to call (407) WDW-MAGIC (939-6244)†, just prior to your visit. Dates of refurbishment are subject to change without notice.

Magic Kingdom® Park:

Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and other popular Disney characters will appear in three-dimensional animation at "Mickey's PhilharMagic Orchestra," a new attraction scheduled to debut in 2003 in the Magic Kingdom Park. This attraction will replace Legend of the Lion King, which is now closed to help prepare for this new attraction.

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress - Open seasonally
The Timekeeper - Open seasonally
Big Thunder Mountain will be closed for refurbishment August 24, 2003 - November 22, 2003.
The Swiss Family Treehouse will be closed for refurbishment
September 7, 2003 - October 24, 2003.

Epcot®:

No changes

Disney-MGM Studios:

Magic of Disney Animation will be closed for refurbishment
September 1, 2003 - October 31, 2003.
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster will be closed for refurbishment
September 6 - September 15.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ will be closed for refurbishment
September 22 - September 26.

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park:

Festival of the Lion King Theater will be closed for refurbishment
August 25 - September 19.

Downtown Disney® area:

No changes

Water Parks:

No changes

Whew! Looks like we can do the RnRC! We plan to be at MGM on Thursday for the fantasmic package, so we will make certain to stop and have a ride. My DD8 wants to ride too.

Otto's Doll:bounce:

Our trip too is when it's down!:mad: But at least TOT & RRC are complete. :) Like everyone else BTMR is one of of MK favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter