• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Thunder Trail, re-opened Today! 6.8.2017

YEAH!

We were only there one day, but it was sad and frustrating to not be able to go through that way from Fantasyland. YES! This makes me so happy. I was hoping this would open before our big trip.

ETA: Freshbaked has a video of the trail too. It looks beautiful!

Last edited:
thank you.....the surprising element and of great relief to me...... is that I tend to not take in the small details, like the letters on the lamp, I am just wandering, rushing to the next rush of attraction. But what a rush for you to be there and show the tiny elements. The surprise and relief, is that all those folks walking by and not stopping to look at the detail......just opened for all to see......and none of the folks in the video understand what they are doing, it is brand new, IT IS BRAND NEW!!!!!....and none of them seem to care. I now know why my neighbors don't join me at night to look at the grand sunsets at the end of the street. They just don't get it!!

thank you.....the surprising element and of great relief to me...... is that I tend to not take in the small details, like the letters on the lamp, I am just wandering, rushing to the next rush of attraction. But what a rush for you to be there and show the tiny elements. The surprise and relief, is that all those folks walking by and not stopping to look at the detail......just opened for all to see......and none of the folks in the video understand what they are doing, it is brand new, IT IS BRAND NEW!!!!!....and none of them seem to care. I now know why my neighbors don't join me at night to look at the grand sunsets at the end of the street. They just don't get it!!
Bravo! Yes, you actually get it! The feeling, that most of us on this board, or another board... the regulars, the Junkies if you will....... waiting, holding our breath, to find out the details about our park... Walts Park. At least as I see it... the park that Walt walked. It always fascinates me when people say to me, even my own family... are you going to Disneyland AGAIN, they merely see it as a Amusement park like Magic Mountain or another Six Flags. They do not GET IT... not at all.
I love the detail, spend hours on Mainstreet, just wandering and soaking it in.

OK, stepping off my box now.

Thank You,

--Lori

The rock work sure looks great! Just like RSR! I think they did a phenomenal job.

--Lori

So excited to see pieces coming together and re-opening. During our last visit we seemed to be stuck on the wrong side of the park every time a parade happened and there was no where to go if we were done with Adventureland and FrontierLand. Am I correct in remembering that this trail will provide an outlet to the back of fantasyland?

We visit again in November (so far away ) and I'm hoping to see Fantasmic and some great holiday decorations in addition to testing out the new trail

So excited to see pieces coming together and re-opening. During our last visit we seemed to be stuck on the wrong side of the park every time a parade happened and there was no where to go if we were done with Adventureland and FrontierLand. Am I correct in remembering that this trail will provide an outlet to the back of fantasyland?

We visit again in November (so far away ) and I'm hoping to see Fantasmic and some great holiday decorations in addition to testing out the new trail

Yes. This trail enters Fantasyland near the Casey Jr. Trains. There is also a restroom in that area.

You are correct! I was at DL yesterday - I exited Thunder Mountain & made my way to the back of Fantasyland - so great being open again!

Everything is better when this trail is open! Loved being able to use it on the last day of our trip yesterday! We were on BTMRR when fireworks started, stopped to take a bunch of pictures after, and still made it back to small world to see the rest of the projections and fireworks.

Bravo! Yes, you actually get it! The feeling, that most of us on this board, or another board... the regulars, the Junkies if you will....... waiting, holding our breath, to find out the details about our park... Walts Park. At least as I see it... the park that Walt walked. It always fascinates me when people say to me, even my own family... are you going to Disneyland AGAIN, they merely see it as a Amusement park like Magic Mountain or another Six Flags. They do not GET IT... not at all.
I love the detail, spend hours on Mainstreet, just wandering and soaking it in.

OK, stepping off my box now.

Thank You,

--Lori

Totally agree! My wife and I (more like me, and she happily follows along) spend our time each annual visit looking at the details and enjoying the background soundtracks that along with the visual effects make up the Disney experience. I love the way the imagineers develop a backstory, create the environment to match it, then continue to "plus" the experience with little added details that normally escape the casual park-goer. They meant the world to Walt, and he spent hours finding ways to the park experience more than a Six Flags, etc., which is what sets the Disney experience above the others (IMHO).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter