Bike rental through Disney at Hilton Head

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Does anyone rent their bikes at Hilton Head with Disney? It seems like complete highway robbery compared to all of the other places to rent. I mean, I know they would be higher priced, but they are not even in the ball park, or am I missing something here?

Does anyone rent their bikes at Hilton Head with Disney? It seems like complete highway robbery compared to all of the other places to rent. I mean, I know they would be higher priced, but they are not even in the ball park, or am I missing something here?

We did simply for the convenience of it. We liked the bikes they were renting and would do it again.

We did it because we could use our Disney gift card to pay for it. On our first trip, we had $400 in travel rewards to use up so we charged the bikes (and everything else we did) to the room and then redeemed the travel rewards. The service was great too. We rode the bikes to the beach house for the Easter Brunch and we realized that my mother's bike had a problem. I can't remember if it was something to do with a seat or a pedal or what, but we mentioned it to a CM once we got to the brunch. She said that she would have a new bike to us before we were done eating. During the meal, we had three different CM's come to our table and let us know that the bike was being taken care of. Sure enough, when we were done, the "new" (replacement...not brand new) bike was ready and waiting for us.

What am I missing? I rented a tricycle last year for $50 for the length of stay. I think a regular bicycle was less than $40. That didn't seem like "highway robbery" to me. As a matter of fact, I just checked out the price of an island bike rental a few days ago-we're going for Thanksgiving, a very busy time, and I wanted to make sure I could get one somewhere. Turns out that if I rent off-site, I'd pay MORE, about $70 for a week. So for us, renting from the resort is cheaper. Are summer rentals more expensive? If so, I'd be surprised if off-site rentals don't raise their rates too.

I just thought of something-if you only want to rent for a day or so, the resort rates may be expensive. I know that for one day, my bike was $36. But the "length of stay" cost was, like I said $50. For just one day, may have been expensive. For a 10 day trip, very reasonable.

Last edited:

What am I missing? I rented a tricycle last year for $50 for the length of stay. I think a regular bicycle was less than $40. That didn't seem like "highway robbery" to me. As a matter of fact, I just checked out the price of an island bike rental a few days ago-we're going for Thanksgiving, a very busy time, and I wanted to make sure I could get one somewhere. Turns out that if I rent off-site, I'd pay MORE, about $70 for a week. So for us, renting from the resort is cheaper. Are summer rentals more expensive? If so, I'd be surprised if off-site rentals don't raise their rates too.

I just thought of something-if you only want to rent for a day or so, the resort rates may be expensive. I know that for one day, my bike was $36. But the "length of stay" cost was, like I said $50. For just one day, may have been expensive. For a 10 day trip, very reasonable.
Makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter