Birthday celebration question

1800wdisney

Earning My Ears
Hello,

My mom will be celebrating her 70th this trip and we plan on being in the MK and partaking in the MNSSHP (already have our tickets!) I was thinking it would nice if she got a birthday card signed by Mickey. How do I go about getting that set up? Is it even possible? How much does it cost?

Thank you so much for your help!!

On my 60th birthday, we were staying at BWI. I had my birthday noted on my reservation. A signed picture of Mickey was slipped under our door one day.

I too celebrated my 60th with a stay at AS Music. I received a card signed by Mickey and Minnie. It was in the room when I arraived. That was 4 years ago.

if you do a character meal, sometimes you will get a birthday card with signatures on it
Oh that's awesome I just booked a reservation at the Crystal Palace Character Lunch on the day...before reading this!!! hopefully they will see my moms birthday button! thanks!!

I just returned from a trip to celebrate my birthday. I had it noted on my Resort reservation. No where else.
I did not note it on our ADR (we only had 2)
When we arrived at the room there was a balloon and a signed photo from Mickey
When I scanned for FP it was noted along with my name and some CM would acknowledge Happy Birthday as we entered the queue.
The most unique was, when returning to the Resort via Lyft on evening the CM at the Security booth, without scanning our MB, greeted us by name and wished me Happy Birthday.
Anyway, my point is, you never know where they'll acknowledge her birthday, even when the only place you note it is on the resort reservation.

Last edited:
Oh that's awesome I just booked a reservation at the Crystal Palace Character Lunch on the day...before reading this!!! hopefully they will see my moms birthday button! thanks!!
Call the dining reservations number & let them know she will be celebrating her birthday while you are lunching at CP. she will get a bday card signed by all the Pooh characters & a special bday cupcake! (Sometimes you'll get an impromptu song from servers & confetti on your table). No charge.

Please remember, every situation is different. I would definitely not go anticipating getting a signed card. I'm usually there on my birthday, wear the button and have rarely been acknowledged at all at restaurants or parks. You could always purchase some sort of celebration package to be delivered to your mom during her trip.

Please remember, every situation is different. I would definitely not go anticipating getting a signed card. I'm usually there on my birthday, wear the button and have rarely been acknowledged at all at restaurants or parks. You could always purchase some sort of celebration package to be delivered to your mom during her trip.
Exactly, never go expecting anything. You may get nothing.
I would make sure and call and have it added to the Resort reservation. I'm positive this is where they noted it when I used FP and when I entered the security gate. If she'd enjoy the random birthday wishes that is. But for the last 3 years I've had them note my birthday on the resort reservation and for 3 years now, randomly the CM will say Happy Birthday as I enter a FP, at all times during the trip, not just when I have on the button. I've turned and looked at the FP screen a few times and it says under my name Birthday so it's noted in their system in some manner. This doesn't seem to carry over to checking in with an ADR though, just when a MB is scanned.

Not to discourage you but don't go in expecting much. We went last year for my birthday and it was noted on our ADR and the most I got was a happy birthday for that meal. Don't count on anything and anything extra will be and added bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter