• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday freebies?

chriseliz

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone~ I'm getting caught up in all of the info here. I've gotten some great tips already! :)

I'm taking my son to Disneyland and California Adventure tomorrow. We'll be staying at the Paradise Pier hotel. This is a first for us, as we've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a few times. Anyway, we did this last year. I guess I had mentioned my son's birthday when I made the reservation, because they gave him a birthday button to wear when we checked into the hotel. He wore the button, and he got a few special 'extras' during our visit. For example, the waitress brought him a birthday cupcake after breakfast (!) at Granville's, and he got a whole pack of tortillas at the tortilla factory.

Does anyone know of any other goodies he can get if he gets another birthday button this time? We'll be limited on time, and I want him to get the most out of it...

Thanks!!

~Christine

I would call Paradise Pier tonight and mention again it is his birthday! When we checked in this past September to PP for my daughter's birthday trip, I had noted it when I made the reservation and then called again to verify the day before check in. At check in she and her brother received goodie bags, with stickers, coloring books and some other things. They also gave her a bunch of balloons with streamers and an autographed 8 x 10 of Minnie and Mickey. Then when we got to the room there was a plate of four huge Mickey shaped Rice Krispy treats and chocolate Disney coins on the pillows. I don't know if we were the happy victims of some bored but pixie dusted cm's or what. The year before we also stayed at PP on her birthday, she received the balloons and picture but nothing else. My brother just stayed at the DLH in honor of his twins' birthday, he told them at reservation but did not call the day before and his girls received nothing for their birthday from the hotel.

Make sure to get the birthday sticker at Town Hall and as of September they were still doing the free tortillas. Also any full service restaurant you eat at within the resort will give you a free dessert on your birthday. Good luck I hope the cm that made my daughter's birthday so special is working tomorrow!

Its not free...but the Happiest Birthdays Celebration at the Plaza Inn is always fun!

Different things happen with different people at different times when you wear a birthday sticker and I have come to think that is part of the charm of the birthday button/sticker. With my daughter the "rules" announcer at Small World said "Happy Birthday Emma!" at the end of her announcements before the boat took off. She also got chosen to be Jafar in the Aladin show at DL (not the big play at DCA). My oldest son was given numerous different birthday stickers from all over the place at Disneyland. There were 4 or 5 different ones and he had numerous ones. He was covered in them. Everyone says happy birthday to you all day long. We often got the front seats, or first pick. We were just always treated like VIPs. Can't you go to Townhall for a phone call too?

My middle son, who just went in May had the best experience though. We went to Blue Bayou for lunch on his birthday. When we sat down we were next to a large party with two women and some teenage girls. I said...wow...this is a good birthday party to my son. One of the ladies at the next table came over and said we saw your pin and heard your mom say it was your birthday and we would like to sing you happy birthday. He blushed so red! They all sang Happy Birthday to You and he some how managed to not climb under the table. They all giggled at how cute he was (and he was very cute). After they were done eating and were leaving, the lady that had come over stopped by again and said that she would like to give him a pirate pin as a birthday gift to remember his visit to the Blue Bayou and she took a Capt Hook pin off her lanyard and gave it to him. It was so kind and fun and magical.

At the hotel, one time we got the balloons and signed picture of the Fab Five, one time we got nothing, and one time we got a goodie bag with fun stuff in it. It is also a good idea to mention that it is your childs birthday when you check in at the hotel, or at a restaurant...or really to anyone who will listen.

Thanks for the replies! I was prepared to mention my son's bday again at check-in, but they had it listed on the reservation. He not only got the bday button, but also the balloons, an 'autographed' photo of Mickey & Minnie, and a 'fun pack'. We also managed to get our room upgraded from our Passholder special rate to a room with a view. (The agent at the desk said that they had overbooked the special rate rooms.) Too bad we weren't in the room enough to enjoy the view!

Jonathan again got the tortillas and a cupcake after our breakfast at Granville's. Not as many well-wishes at the park... It was pretty crowded, and it got dark shortly after he put the button on. But he had fun anyway!

We did the phone call at City Hall last year. He turned 9 this year, and he felt that it is more for the younger kids.

~Christine

We're leaving today for a ~big trip~ for my DH's 50th birthday. We will not actually be in Disneyland on his birthday - can he still get a sticker since we are *celebrating* his birthday there? DH and Disneyland are the same age... aww

Yes, he can... I had my pin (from oh, no, I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it's in Grand Californian) with me the day after my birthday, and a Cast Member told me I should be wearing it.
On my birthday I got, let's see... to help open DisneyLand (had gotten there VERY early, an hour and forty five minutes because I thought the park opened at 9 (actually opened at 10), so I was first in line at one of the turnstiles. Every time a CM approached, I would mention that it was my birthday and I was fifty and where else could anyone possibly celebrate that milestone this year except at DisneyLand and I'd really, really like to be the first one in the park...Just before they did open the gates at 9:30, a CM approached me, brought me inside and along with a family he'd also selected, we counted down to opening from inside the gates while all those hundreds, if not thousands, of other Guests counted along from outside... :)
I had my birthday sticker on all day - didn't get the pin until dinner - and got, um, that birthday phone call in City Hall; the tortillas; many, many "Happy Birthdays" from both CMs and Guests; a 'super' FastPass from one of the CMs at Soarin' Over California (and to ride in section B, row 1 without asking!) that I could use anywhere in either park except Space Mountain; to ride Autopia twice without getting out, and the 'special' license for the free gift; serenaded by three CMs doing crowd control because that night's fireworks were cancelled; and the pin and a birthday cupcake at that restaurant whose name I still can't remember.

I made ressie in April for my Granddaughter on her birthday and told them when I made the ressie. We did not receive a thing pixiedust: pixiedust: It looks like I am going to need it. I made ressie again this yr for her birthday

We are going in May for my yougest son's birthday i will look forward to see how it goes. in October for my oldest his birthday was announced over the speaker at the rockets , but that was about it , I think he was a little dissapointed :headache: . The extras at a Disneyhotel may be worth the extra money.

We're going to be there in 3 days for my birthday on the 2nd. :cheer2: I'll be sure to report about all the freebies I get. My hubby called the hotel to gently remind them it's my bday- they told him that I should wear the button they're giving me all week! We're eating at Blue Bayou and I really hope we get a water side table! pirate:

Birthday perks

Don't know what the birthday perks are. Another puppyraiser took our guide dog in training to Disneyland on her 1st birthday. She did get a sticker, lots of photo ops and a 50th anniversary pin. Don't know if the pin was part of the birthday perk or someone purchased it for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter