Birthday ideas

cmbelle

Chocoholic extraordinaire
Yes, I lost my mind, but I had to have a Disney fix. So, I thought we'd go down to Disney in January, which will coincide with my son's 7th birthday. I have about 3-4 weeks to plan. HELP!! What are some ideas to make this one really GREAT birthday!!

Thanks.

Hi there,
I have a son turning 7 in January as well (the 19th).
Two years ago we went to WDW for his 5th birthday.
We actually flew on his birthday on Southwest. It
was such a fun trip. He got sung to, by the whole
plane and the flight attendants let him help pass out
peanuts. He thought he was so cool.
We planned MK for our first full day. I got him the
birthday button at the Town Hall. We took a break
during the day to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
He had to stand on a chair while everyone sang
Happy Birthday to him. That night, at his request,
he spent the evening at a Kid's Club.
He had a wonderful trip. Lucky you going so soon.
We are returning this year as well, just not any
set dates yet.
Happy Holidays, Patty

Both my daughters have been lucky enough to spend a b'day at WDW. Let the resort know your celebrating and what day. Depending on the resort they do different things, a deluxe will do a cake, balloons and a card, moderate balloons and a card and value - a card LOL. Actually the minnie card at ASMu was a highlight of my newly turned 6yo's trip.

Plan a character or favorite meal - chef mickeys and Hollywood and Vine were both terrific.

Get a b'day button at town hall at MK and let him wear it the entire trip. CM's can often make special magic - we have gotten re-rides and birthday certificates. Don't mention the extra's to your ds as they are dependant on the CM's and don't always happen. If they do and he dosen't expect anything that's all the more magic - KWIM?

Have a great time!
TJ

Both of my girls celebrated their birthdays in the parks in October. We went to the castle for breakfast for each of them. For one daughter the CM's brought out a little cupcake thing w/ a candle and sang - and they didn't for the other daughter. (She was a bit sad when she realized she had missed out on something, and so was I.)

Make sure your son has the button and definitely stop by City Hall if you're in the MK to get a phone call that's waiting there for him. (Other CM's can do this from other places, too. We were in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground when our older daughter got her "call".)

It will really depend on the CM's and where you happen to be on that day. My 5 yo had the talking trash can in Tommorowland sing happy birthday to her...and the Country Bear audience....and a crowd near the Living Statues in France...

My 7 yo (who celebrated hers first) didn't quite get that much attention. A lot of "happy birthday's" from CM's, but not as much special treatment and surprises.

We picked up a Carvel ice cream cake at Randall's and had that in our room after lunch/dinner?? We let the girls choose a few attractions that they most wanted to do on their birthdays (not the whole day, just part.)

Thank you for the ideas. I definitely will go into this realizing that there may be a LOT of surprises or just a few. Regardless, having a birthday at Disney is just great. I want to go on my birthday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter