Birthday @ MK

SteveS

Mouseketeer
In a few weeks we will be at WDW with my 4 yr Granddaughter. We are planning on going to the Magic Kingdom on her 5th birthday. Does anyone have any thoughts on something extra special for this special day at MK?

How about a meal at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and the gang. Cinderella's would be even better but the chances of getting that now is pretty low but you could always try. Also be sure to stop by town hall for a birthday button so she will get extra attention from all the Cm's.

jordan's mom

Thanks for the suggestion about stopping at Town Hall. That would be very special to her. Has anyone done this? What other ideas are out there?

My 2 daughters had their birthdays at WDW on our last trip. We got the buttons and they enjoyed lots of special attention on their day.

Here are a few things that happened for them (not all of these happened to both of them - so don't expect anything in particular)

1. "Happy Birthday" greetings from lots of cast members when they saw the button (both DD's).

2. Audience of "Country Bears" sang "Happy Birthday" to DD#2.

3. A phone message from Goofey. (you can get this at city hall also). DD# and DD#2

4. The talking trash can in Tomorrowland sang "Happy Birthday" to DD#2

5. We booked breakfast at the castle and they had a cupcake w/ candle and sang (Had the breakfast for both DD's, but only #2 got the cupcake and song - they must have forgotten for the 1st).

6. A special certificate and pin was given (crowd sang Happy Birthday) at the living statues in Epcot (France) to DD#2.

That's all I can think of right now. As you can see, DD#2 ended up getting a LOT more attention!

Have you cosidered a birthday cruise? they decorate a party boat and take you to see Illuminations... I believe its 150 dollars. You book by calling wdw-play. Have fun....

My DS turned 4 on our trip. We spent the day of his birthday at MK. We got him the pin at Town Hall. I was kind of dissapointed in the fact that not one CM noticed his pin or wished him Happy Birthday on their own! I had to tip off a CM at the Indy Speedway to please go back to his car(he was with Daddy) and tell him Happy Birthday which he cheerfully did do.

Never-the-less, our little boy tells everyone, everywhere we go that he had his birthday at WDW so it didn't matter to him at all that he didn't get more special treatment. My point is, not to get a child's hopes up about any extras. It WILL be a special memory for them. In defense of Disney, it was quite crowded when we were there. We had dinner at the Plaza Restaurant and they brought him a nice cupcake with a candle(we made sure they knew about the birthday).

Make your own magic if necessary...the rest will be icing on the cake, so to speak.

We were at WDW for my son's 6th -day in January. We were there for 4 days, and he started with a b-day pin from Epcot the day before his birthday, and followed up with a pin from Magic Kingdom on his b-day. He got lots of attention, a free "fast-pass" onto the Buzz ride, and a free trading pin from a cast member, not to mention b-day greetings from several cast members.

tell the resort when you check in. we went for our sons birthday a few years back and they brought up balloons and a card from mickey and minnie.

dont forget to get the its my birthday badge (sticker) when you arrive at MK. Our son got "happy Birthday" s from every cast member he saw and extra love from the charactures.

I'll be at WDW in Sept. Taking my niece and her family. She'll be 29 (really!).

She's excited about the trip. Her and the kids and her BF talk about it all the time.

She's had it a little rough lately, so I think this will really perk up her spirits.

What are some ideas to make her B-day special? I'll make sure she gets her birthday pin at the park and a wake-up call from Goofy. She'll really like that.
I also figured I'd babysit the kids so her and BF can go to Pleasure Island that night (Disney's PI, I mean --- sorry, getting my mind out of the gutter now).

But I'm looking for that something special, or unique. Something that'll make her say WOW!

OK, I'm ready for suggestions!
Terri

Hi,

I used giftsofalifetime.com for my husbands 33rd birthday last year at WDW. They were great! They set up a "golf" themed scavenger hunt throughout the Magic Kingdom. The hunt was started early in the am and took several hours. My husband loved it! I am thinking of using them again this year! Good luck and email me if you have any questions!

HeatherAnne

Heather Anne,

This sounds interesting. What did your husband have to do? It sounds like he had to find the golf things in the park. Can you provide some more details on this?
Thanks,
Terri

If you make any PS for that day, be sure to tell them that there's someone having a birthday in your party--- At every restaurant, they will at least sing Happy Birthday and give you a cake or cupcake -- Some do more -- I have spent 3 birthdays at WDW, and I know they make a big deal of it -- As long as you let them know !!

( One more thing -- Designate someone to take pictures -- My friend got so caught up in singing HB that she forgot to take any !! I still have the memories, though... )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter