Bittersweet last trip

Hi Carrie - glad your dad had a good vacation. Enjoy your Dad while you have him.

My FIL died from cancer 5yrs ago. My DH was there w/him when he took his last breath.
My Dad died from heart disease 7yrs ago. (His anniversary is coming up in July). He died suddenly while he was sleeping. No time for goodbyes.

Carrie,

My prayers go out to you and your family. I just found a link to this on the CB (don't get over to the resorts board much). We were planning at trip to WDW in May of '97 when we found out in April that my mom had lung cancer. She never made it back for that last trip. Glad you were able to have this trip with you dad, those memories will last forever.

The weeks and months ahead are sure to be hard on all of you. Let the tears come when they want to and do the same with the laughter. Happy memories do a lot for the healing process.

I will pray for all of you, that is so hard, your dad is very brave

Best wishes for your dad and family. So glad you were able to enjoy the magic of Disney together.

I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to read your trip report. You and your family are in my prayers.

Carrie

Glad to hear you had a great trip. You will remember it FOREVER.

Life is too short. Enjoy today and worry about tomorrow when you wake up.

We , along with everyone else who posted, cant wait for your trip report.

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Oh Carrie.....I am so happy that you and your family had a wonderful trip! My prayers continue for you all.

Carrie,
My prayers are with your dad and your whole family,
Mrsmom

So so sorry as I know exactly what you are going thru. Our last family trip was almost 3 years ago. My father wanted to go to WDW with his 2 grandchildren. It was the last time we were all together and happy. My dear father passed away of cancer 2 months later at 60.

During the time of my fathers illness, my DH of 6 months (at that time) was also diagnosed with cancer. I was going to Sloan Kettering on the "family plan". My dh has been cancer free for 2 years now and we just got great news from blood test results.

I more than understand your bittersweet story...........

My prayers are with you, I am so sorry to hear of your sadness.

Carrie,

I will remember your dad, you, and your entire family in my prayers. I'm so sorry that your dad is not doing well. He sounds like he's in great spirits, which is wonderful. {{{HUGS}}}

Elisabeth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter