Blizzard Beach and Contacts

AlabamaGal

Earning My Ears
What do you do on the slides at blizzard Beach with contacts? I'm going with my 9 yr old DS alone and am terrified I'll end up losing one/both and be totally blind and helpless.

He wants to ride the slides so I really need to be able to go down them first and then be there at the end to retrieve him after his turn.

Thanks!

DH and son wore theirs at BB and did not have a problem. Bring extras!

I wore my contacts to the water parks and did not have too much trouble. Steer clear of any wave pools. Even if you close your eyes, the force of the wave can move them around or cause you to lose them. Take an extra set and rent a locker. A nine year old would be old enough to assist you back to the locker in the case of an emergency if you are unable to see very well. Just close your eyes before you hit the water at the end of the slides and take a few seconds to get your focus back if they have moved slightly. I also bought really cheap walmart sunglasses and a sunglass strap to wear (didn't want to chance losing a more expensive pair of sunglasses). Take rewetting drops with you if you use them. The mixture of the water, wind, and sun can dry you out.

From one Alabama Gal to another -- I was fine with my contacts in at BB. Went on most of the slides (skipped Summit Plummet, though).

Could do what DH did -- he had lasik -- just so he could go to BB and have a good time w/o worrying about his glasses. I thought that was a little drastic and just kept my eyes closed. ;)

Julie

I also went to BB with contacts. The only problem I had was while going down one of the slides (the downhill double dipper, I think) they spray water at you, and it hit me full in the face. It took me a few minutes to be able to see after that (you know how contacts stick to your eyes when you get water in your eyes). I always swim with contacts, though, and have never had a problem yet!

I usually just wear my sunglasses down the slides (with an adjustable strap to keep'em tight) and have had no problems with that ...even on Summit Plummet.

I have always worn my contacts to the water parks & have never had a problem. I would bring an extra pair. You may also consider wearing a pair of Speedo goggles for extra protection while on the slides or in the wave pools.

I had these same concern for our trip this past October -

So I had LASIKS surgery in August so I wouldn't have to deal with it! ;)

:rolleyes: I am an extremist!

Jenny2 - can I come with you this time????? I promise I will be good!

pattyT... of COURSE you can come! Just take the kids with you and leave DH at home so that he can plow :D

You do have days left on your park hoppers... don't you... ;)

Oh it's getting your DH not to go that is going to be the prob!

on the contact thing -
I wouldn't want to worry about - it so I would bring a spare pair with you and if soething happens - no biggie! DON'T skip summit plummit - it looks scarier than it is -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter