Blizzard Beach reopening any time soon?

We've decided to forego Disneys water parks this trip and will go to Volcano Bay instead. We've heard it's awesome and it really rubs us the wrong way that they're still charging us the same price to add water parks, but for years now have only had 1 open. We put up with it for 2 years. but our group of 12 have decided we're done.
I went to Volcano Bay a few weeks ago and it's going to be VERY hard to get me to go to a Disney water park again. It's that good. It does get way more crowded than Typhoon or Blizzard in terms of wait times and walking around the park but everything else is way better. I was surprised at how good the food was, especially for a water park.

I went to Volcano Bay a few weeks ago and it's going to be VERY hard to get me to go to a Disney water park again. It's that good. It does get way more crowded than Typhoon or Blizzard in terms of wait times and walking around the park but everything else is way better. I was surprised at how good the food was, especially for a water park.

We like them all for different reasons. We find Blizzard and Typhoon a bit more relaxing and more something we can go to for a few hours for a break from the heat. While Volcano Bay is much more an all day thing.

We like them all for different reasons. We find Blizzard and Typhoon a bit more relaxing and more something we can go to for a few hours for a break from the heat. While Volcano Bay is much more an all day thing.
Yeah I get that. I enjoy the thrilling slides at Volcano Bay along with the fearless river. The fearless river was actually my family's favorite thing about the park. I did go to Typhoon Lagoon recently and enjoyed it but definitely think Volcano Bay is better. I haven't been to Blizzard Beach in years as it's my least favorite water park.

Funny enough, Aquatica is pretty great and inexpensive. I love the Disney water parks as well with the kids, but Aquatica has such great areas for kids and several different fun slides.

I went to Volcano Bay a few weeks ago and it's going to be VERY hard to get me to go to a Disney water park again. It's that good. It does get way more crowded than Typhoon or Blizzard in terms of wait times and walking around the park but everything else is way better. I was surprised at how good the food was, especially for a water park
We're looking foward to it. The kids have watched a cpl. videos and it looks really neat. I am a lil worried that they're not going to want to disney ones again after this, but we've been ubering to the waterparks since disney stopped direct transportation so I guess we could just uber to VBay for our water park days in the future yrs. :)

Funny enough, Aquatica is pretty great and inexpensive. I love the Disney water parks as well with the kids, but Aquatica has such great areas for kids and several different fun slides.
Hmmm...maybe we'll try this one in the future as well....especially if they decide to pass on the Disney ones. We usually do 2 water park days so we could do one at Volcano Bay and one at Aquatica. It's funny how I forget how much there really is to do and explore in Orlando when we don't leave the bubble. As my kids are getting older I'm sure having new places will be nice.

We're looking foward to it. The kids have watched a cpl. videos and it looks really neat. I am a lil worried that they're not going to want to disney ones again after this, but we've been ubering to the waterparks since disney stopped direct transportation so I guess we could just uber to VBay for our water park days in the future yrs. :)
How old are your kids? IMO I think Volcano Bay is better for older kids while the Disney parks have more things to do for smaller kids. The majority of the slides at Volcano Bay have height requirements that are too high for small kids.

How old are your kids? IMO I think Volcano Bay is better for older kids while the Disney parks have more things to do for smaller kids. The majority of the slides at Volcano Bay have height requirements that are too high for small kids.
We have a variety that travels with our party. Kids are 7- 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter