BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Please help! We got our room # for BLT and it's for the 4th floor. We are using points for a TPV Studio. Isn't the 4th floor standard view????

At Epcot now but now need to head back to see if we can get a higher floor.

At least according to the map on the first page, no MK views on 4th floor.

Please help! We got our room # for BLT and it's for the 4th floor. We are using points for a TPV Studio. Isn't the 4th floor standard view????

At Epcot now but now need to head back to see if we can get a higher floor.

I don't know if they've ever really released verification of what went to standard but I did think that the 4th floor was changed as there was no other way to account for the number of rooms reclassified to standard. I had a 4th floor TPV studio for my first stay and someone in it later reported being standard view. It was 7428 I believe.

Long story, but we have booked a one bedroom standard view and my in laws have a studio with a lake view. Could we get connecting rooms if they are allowed to downgrade? Any idea which one bedrooms connect to studios?

Thanks!

4th floor center rooms are not standard view. I booked TPV and got 7420. I was initially upset when this room number appeared in the text indicating the room was ready -- I requested high floor through Member Services. I imagine just about everyone makes this request -- guess I just wasn't lucky this time. View was better than expected. Still, that's a lot of extra points for about the same as standard view.

4th floor center rooms are not standard view. I booked TPV and got 7420. I was initially upset when this room number appeared in the text indicating the room was ready -- I requested high floor through Member Services. I imagine just about everyone makes this request -- guess I just wasn't lucky this time. View was better than expected. Still, that's a lot of extra points for about the same as standard view.

I know what you mean we were told we were assigned a room on 4 for TPV and mentioned that we requested a high floor. The only other room available was on the fifth floor. Sure we would see MK but I missed being able to the lake and Grand Floridian as well. We still had great views of the monorail.

Hi! We are renting points for a 2BR lake view at the end of February. Because of the # of points, it's a split stay and the member has already requested that we not have to move. I was able to do OCI for "both" reservations, but can someone PM me an email, if possible, for someone I can contact to request outer room/even number and that if possible, we not have to move? I was only able to select "high floor". Also, is there any difference between 2BR dedicated and a 2BR lock off that makes any difference? we are 6 adults (3 couples, 1 child and 2 babies. Many thanks! our first time renting at DVC, and our first time at BLT.

Hi! We are renting points for a 2BR lake view at the end of February. Because of the # of points, it's a split stay and the member has already requested that we not have to move. I was able to do OCI for "both" reservations, but can someone PM me an email, if possible, for someone I can contact to request outer room/even number and that if possible, we not have to move? I was only able to select "high floor". Also, is there any difference between 2BR dedicated and a 2BR lock off that makes any difference? we are 6 adults (3 couples, 1 child and 2 babies. Many thanks! our first time renting at DVC, and our first time at BLT.
Only the member can make requests. You'll need to work through them.

Are taxis available outside the BLT building or only outside the main Contemporary building. Asking for a friend and I couldn't remember as we normally don't take taxis

Well, I only have experience with this at 1:30 a.m. <cough>, but at that point, we needed to be outside the Contemporary, not BLT.

Are taxis available outside the BLT building or only outside the main Contemporary building. Asking for a friend and I couldn't remember as we normally don't take taxis

CR only. A taxi might drop off at BLT but they do not wait there.

Confused with this thread- love having info but didn't think it was possible or advised to ask for specific room numbers- has this changed?

Confused with this thread- love having info but didn't think it was possible or advised to ask for specific room numbers- has this changed?

The problem with requesting specific room number is that if none of your room numbers are available because guests are staying in them already, then the room assigner will place you in the first available room that might not be anywhere near what you wanted. That is why when I make room requests I try to make two requests that can cover my bases, e.g. at BLT I have a lake view room but want an even number room on a high floor, so I ask for high floor, even numbered room. That way the room assigner has more options in assigning us a room.

Also I really doubt that a room assigner will check an entire list of 10 room numbers for availability. The job is time consuming enough without taking 10 minutes per reservation to check availability in many different rooms.

We were able to get an suv type for our family of 5 to DTD (disney springs) in Aug. The Bell service called it for us in front of the contemporary. We just couldn't deal with another bus at that point!

We had no trouble having bellhop call a cab for us in front of BLT...they sent a van for our large party after a short wait!

I called MS's today to confirm my room request for an upcoming trip. I asked about 4th floor rooms being Theme Park View rooms and at first she said only the 5th floor and up are TPV, not the 4th. I explained that back in Nov we were put in a "TPV" room but it was located on the 4th floor. She then brought up a map and to her surprise the room catagory/assignments have indeed changed. She read that the Studios and 1 Bedrooms on the 3rd and 4th floors that face a bit towards the CR are still Standard views. HOWEVER, the 3rd and 4th floor Studios/1 Bedrooms on the left column (if you're facing the BLT) are considered THEME PARK VIEW now!!

So just a heads up...THEME PARK VIEW rooms CAN be located on the 3rd and 4th floors! Doesn't seem right to pay the extra points for those floors.....:sad2:

Last edited:
I know they reclassified some BLT TPV rooms to standard a few years ago and adjusted the points accordingly. Does anyone have the exact announcement of the reclassification or a link? Was it clear which rooms were changed?

Deleted - had to learn how to upload photos, below.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter