BLT vs BWV. Help!

Which would you choose?

• BLT LV

• BWV Pool/Garden View

• A different resort altogether

Results are only viewable after voting.

taaren

DIS Veteran
We stayed at both of these last trip, and loved both. My 7 month window is coming up in a few days, and I've been stalking the online availability and it looks like I'll have a choice between a LV 2 bedroom at BLT and a Pool/Garden View at BWV. Last time we did LV BLT and Standard BWV. This will probably be our last WDW trip for several years as it will use up most of our Frequent Flyer points and the only reason its cheaper than DLR is because of the Premium Annual Pass promo last year that got us essentially free tickets for this year, so we'll be going back to DLR after this. We want to have easy access to at least 2 parks, since we're not fans of the fact that you need transportation at Disney World, but we will have a car.

BLT Pros
  • Love love love the rooms, the view
  • The monorail and boat system
  • Location is pretty good
  • Promised DS6 I'd take him on a boat on Bay Lake next trip since we ran out of time last trip

BLT Cons
  • MK is our least favorite Orlando park, because we're DL snobs
  • Its 25 more points! (That I will be borrowing from 2014 UY)

BWV Pros
  • Location, location, location. DHS and Epcot are our favorite parks by a mile.
  • DS6 actually enjoyed the clown pool quite a bit (he liked both, but the clown pool more).
  • Being able to do the cheesy bike-riding on the Boardwalk and easy access to IllumiNations cruise and the pizza and bakery on the Boardwalk ::yes::
  • Points needed are exactly my budget for 2013 UY

BWV Cons
  • No view
  • :crazy2: parking
  • The rooms are not to my taste at all

There's only 4 adults, 1 child this trip so the third bathroom isn't really a factor ... On the off chance that BCV is available (unlikely) that might win for the "something new", and it has a lot of advantages of BWV plus a better pool, and even less points. My heart screams BLT but the point conservationist in me says stick with BWV. If Standard or Boardwalk view were available at BWV that might tip the scale, but they're already gone for the dates we'd need.

So is there anything else I should consider? Weigh in and help me choose! (This seems to be a similar quandary for many. Tell me how you decide.) Split stay not a good option since we're only there for 5 nights, then moving off-site for 2 nights when we head to Universal and use Marriott points.

You will be on Bay Lake....WL ....Poly... And GF at your finger tips.....
Restaurants....galore ....

CR complex is great......boating....3 pools....MOnorail...to TTC and Epcot.....walk to your least favorite resort....which has a new Fantasyland....

Extra bathroom.....beautiful views.....

TOWL .......:thumbsup2

I vote for BWV. We also like the pool there better. We also like the dining options on the Boardwalk and the ease of getting to Epcot and HS. You can always WL for a BW-view. A 5-day WL has a pretty good chance of coming through. Points conservation is a good thing!

One option to consider for the Bay Lake boat ride is the Pirates and Pals Cruise. We have taken DS(almost)7 on it twice and it is a lot of fun. It is also reasonably priced. The one difficult part of doing that while staying at BWV is getting there, but you could walk from MK to CR where the cruise launches and then use MK buses back to BWV.

first, i would remove a few of the (dis)advantages:
- anyone can rent a boat on bay lake, surrey bike at the BW
not sure what you meant by "no view" at the BWV, unless you are basing it on standard view. many of the pool/garden views are gorgeous (if you are "view addicts" like us, be forewarned that BCV views are limited. views of parking lots and/or streets puts a damper on our balcony hours...and hours :cloud9:).

the gist appears to be that you prefer BLT rooms, with BWV location. for a short trip of just 5 days, i would opt for whichever resort is nearest to the park(s) you will be at most often. btw, the evening activities - performers, carny games, hanging out on the BW, jellyrolls, etc at the BW are advantages that you didn't list. (if you do book BWV, i agree with kidani fan: waitlist BW view).

all your angst might be for naught tho:
november is very busy for DVC and your choice might be made for you when the 7 month mark hits.
good luck!

Reach into pocket and take out a coin.

Now flip it and let it drop to the ground.

If heads it is BLT. If tails BWV.

Either way you win.

This is really one those no lose situations where you just have to decide to go with one and then forget the other. BLT gives you the much larger room, two bathrooms, excellent lake views (I actually think they are better than Theme Park view) and easy access to MK, the monorail resorts, easy boat ride to Hoop Dee Doo if you want to do that, and one the best character meals on site (Chef Mickey's.) Good parking.

BWV pool/garden views are usually decent views. You have the boardwalk and its activiites including the bikes, can walk or boat to two parks, and have access to about 20 restaurants (Studios, Epcot, and the Epcot resorts), including the best seafood buffet on site (Cape May at beach Club). Fair to lousy parking.

So maybe it is the points difference, favoring BWV, or the parking, which favors BLT, that becomes the deciding factor if you just can't make up your mind otherwise.

I too would rather go with BLT (my heart would...never stayed there, yet. Have stayed at CR and LOVED it and have visited BLT and TOWL and just LOVE the theme/feel of BLT and being able to see MK and being in a high rise. Also like using the monorail more than the stupid buses) but I voted BWV and here's why:
1- walk to Epcot and HS (or boat)
2- less points
3- we like BWV too

If you can get BCV, that's the one I'd absolutely pick. We love BWV, but BCV was a step above...the pool, the theme, not such long endless hallways...just a bit more quaint than BWV and a tad closer to Epcot. Maybe you could book BWV and waitlist BCV.

Either way you win.

And if you look at the result and your first thought is "lets make it two out of three" then you've made your decision, you just didn't know it.

BLT Pros
  • Love love love the rooms, the view

BWV Pros
  • Location, location, location. DHS and Epcot are our favorite parks by a mile.

You going to spend more time in the room or more time in Epcot & DHS?

My teen daughter's favorite loaction is BWV because of the location.

Since your favorite parks are DHS and EPCOT I would choose BWV even though you aren't crazy about the rooms. Otherwise you will be traveling more and you mentioned you're not a fan of that since you are used to DLR.

Not to mention saving points is a good thing.

Have a great trip!

Either way you win.

So maybe it is the points difference, favoring BWV, or the parking, which favors BLT, that becomes the deciding factor if you just can't make up your mind otherwise.
:lmao:This was my favorite answer drusba! I know its first world problems, but even though the decision is made now, it still was tough to dither over. I just have to keep in mind that no matter what, I'm going to Disney and staying next to a park in a luxurious, spacious room.
first, i would remove a few of the (dis)advantages:
- anyone can rent a boat on bay lake, surrey bike at the BW
not sure what you meant by "no view" at the BWV, unless you are basing it on standard view. many of the pool/garden views are gorgeous (if you are "view addicts" like us, be forewarned that BCV views are limited. views of parking lots and/or streets puts a damper on our balcony hours...and hours :cloud9:).

the gist appears to be that you prefer BLT rooms, with BWV location. for a short trip of just 5 days, i would opt for whichever resort is nearest to the park(s) you will be at most often. btw, the evening activities - performers, carny games, hanging out on the BW, jellyrolls, etc at the BW are advantages that you didn't list. (if you do book BWV, i agree with kidani fan: waitlist BW view).

all your angst might be for naught tho:
november is very busy for DVC and your choice might be made for you when the 7 month mark hits.
good luck!
November is pretty busy for the first two weeks, then again for Thanksgiving week. Fortunately the week I'm going falls in between those two crunch times, and I had my choice of any resort (though not any view, BW view/standard as well as Theme Park view/standard at BLT were all gone long before 7 months) when I woke up at 5a this morning.

In the end, since BCV was available, I went for that. We've never stayed there, DS admired the pool slide last time, we can walk to our IllumiNations cruise and boat to the Boardwalk and DHS. And this will force us to try a Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream! (Another thing on our to do list last year that we ran out of time for ...) I figured since the pool/garden view doesn't appeal at BWV, and BCV was slightly less points the point conservationist in me won, and we can go rent a little boat on the lake by Contemporary one afternoon after MK ... after all the 25 point savings will give me an extra night in a studio in my home resort.

Thanks so much for weighing in guys! :worship: Your wisdom was helpful! Now I get to dither on whether to waitlist BWV Boardwalk view for 3 more points ... ::rofl::

We always split up our days -- different parks AM and PM. If we stay at BLT we do the MK at night. If we stay at BWV we do Epcot at night. To me that is more important than the resorts themselves, which are both nice.

In view of the way you are stating things, I would go with BWV. If you do, I think you may be pleasantly surprised by the view. I very much enjoy sitting on my balcony at BWV.

Being that your favorite parks are DHS and Epcot, BWV would be the best choice. This will give you the ability to quickly get to either park or back to the resort for a quick swim before switching parks. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter