• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou

stinkerbell

Loves all things Disney
Hi there. I am going to be in Disneyland in November and want to eat at the Blue Bayou Resturant. I know it is pretty expensive, but is it worth it. What is the food like? Do they serve better food at lunch? I appreciate your help.

I grew up around DL and always wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou. But, my parents never did take us there. I finally got the chance to dine there on a trip with my family in 2000. It was everything we wanted and more. The scenery, the food and the excellent service made it worth every penny. Now, I hear (and read) that the menu has changed some, but the level of service is still everything you'd expect from Disney.

We're going there in January and a dinner at BB is definately in our plans.

Only you can decide if its worth it for you. It is a little pricey - but I think the food is good. Especially the desserts. The service is good. The atmosphere is nice - it is a nice peaceful break from the noise and crowds in the park. It is worth it for us for an occaisional meal.

I love the Cafe Orleans - as an alternative. A little less pricey. Good food - good service. Atomosphere a little different - but still a little out of the hustle and bustle of the park - and a nicer sit down meal that I think is worth the price.

I normally do not care for food in the park. I find both of these very satisfying. popcorn::

Try this to check out the food and prices: http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm#dl

I dined in the Blue Bayou last night. It was so delicious and the service was great! I think it was worth every penny and more. You get to keep the menu's as a souvenor which was a plus for me considering I'm such a Jack Sparrow AKA Johnny Depp fan. The menu has a picture of Jack and Davy Jones on the menu. :love:

I wanted the water front view but I think there must be a secret or a large tip involved to get that view.

I love the atmosphere in there but my only complaint was that it's so dark that it was hard to read the menu. You needed a flashlight.

I had dined in the Blue Bayou before the change. And I must say the improvement is much better.

My mom and I were there last November. I loved it. We were lucky enough to get a water table. I'm heading to DL again in October but not going back to the BB because the prices went up so much.

Ginarella said:
I wanted the water front view but I think there must be a secret or a large tip involved to get that view.

Just ask for it when you make reservations - and when you are seated - and be willing to wait if they are all filled up. No tip required. pirate:

I love the monte cristo sandwich but other than that I am not a big fan of their food...I love the ambiance and the service is great but now that CO sells the MC I probably will go there instead

We had dinner there last week. They are trying out new menu items. Our server gave us the menus as souvenirs ("Blue Bayou Celebrates Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest").

Woody

Well no matter what the price of the food costs I am going to make sure I get PS for there..how many times do I get to DL once so I will try it all. :thumbsup2

If you don't mind me asking, how did it change?

DH & I went to Santa Monica a few months before we married and had a very romantic lunch in the Blue Bayou. I still have a very vivid memory of the place but not the food. Looking at the new menu I'm sure we split the Monte Cristo back then just because it is the least expensive thing on the menu. I was (and still am) so in love with DH's deep blue eyes...they could have given me a bag of chips and a can of soda in that beautiful place and I would have been just as happy to be there. I really hope the feel to the place is the same.

LuvOrlando said:
I was (and still am) so in love with DH's deep blue eyes...they could have given me a bag of chips and a can of soda in that beautiful place and I would have been just as happy to be there. I really hope the feel to the place is the same.

aww how sweet is that :love: ...no worries though...the feel is exactly the same

How far in advance can you make PS? TIA I am looking forward to going here on my trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginarella

Just ask for it when you make reservations - and when you are seated - and be willing to wait if they are all filled up. No tip required.

I asked when I made reservations for water view and they told me to get to the BB early. My parents got there early and still would have had to wait 40-50 minutes. They ended up sitting by the door but it was all good they said. :)

I celebrated my 40th birthday there last month. I'd always wanted to go there, and I really enjoyed it! The food's a tad overpriced, in my opinion, but what we were really paying for was the atmosphere. Next time I'm at Disneyland, I think I'll just go there for dessert, to keep the price tag reasonable but still get a chance to sit and enjoy the place.

I've got my souveneir menu hanging on my office wall. :love:

I go to the Blue Bayou for the atmosphere. It can't be beat. The food and service are hit and miss. Sometimes great, other times...not so much.

For a waterside table they no longer take requests when you make a PS. You have to request it when you check in and you usually will have a longer wait time.

I was also told no more requesting it when making reservations. She told me to get there early but I would more than likely still have to wait :)

ADisneyPrincess said:
For a waterside table they no longer take requests when you make a PS. You have to request it when you check in and you usually will have a longer wait time.

Yup, this is exactly what happened to me. I wasn't willing to wait another 1 1/2 hours for waterside view.

I'm just glad I got the opportunity to eat in there. :banana:

Has anyone noticed if there is a slower time for meals than others? I would think a really late lunch or early dinner might lighten the wait....maybe around 3pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter