Blue Card Increased Info 100 to 125 (Effective Oct 19)

As an owner you can buy less than the minimum for resorts. It used to be 25 for cash and 50 for finance.

The past few resorts they said minimum is 50. That may or may not stay the same.

Bur you would not have to reach the blue card minimum just to buy at The new DL tower.
But I have heard of the breaking 50 points into 2 25s if paying cash

Hard to say currently, but I just saw a 35 point CCV contract posted on one of the resale sites. Definitely the smallest CCV contract I’ve seen...🤷🏼‍♀️

Thats good so maybe they will do it if pushed! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm curious if perhaps DL will offer a more substantial AP discount for DVC Members once the Disneyland Tower is open? But with the large number of AP locals, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
[/QUOTE

I would be astonished if they did-with the problem they have of too many APs. The merchandise and food discounts are nice but I think the same as AP holders get?

I’m not sure about the lower APs, but Sig and Sig+ typically get 20% off dining and definitely merch. Some DtD restaurants are less. I believe the DVC discount is at most 10% off merch and some restaurants. DLR really doesn’t cater to DVC members.

One concern that I thought about was if you already had a Blue card, would Disney ever consider not allowing any non blue card points to be used at DVC events like Moonlight Magic or merchandise and dining discounts?

One concern that I thought about was if you already had a Blue card, would Disney ever consider not allowing any non blue card points to be used at DVC events like Moonlight Magic or merchandise and dining discounts?

Once you have a blue card, you are eligible to use it regardless of which points you are staying on,

I have two UYs..one is a qualified membership and one is not. I can use it when staying no matter which points are used, I even attended MM last year as they simply noted I had a qualifying membership so I had no problem booking.

If you add your kids later to your contract do they get the blue card benefits?

I did this last year with my adult children. You have to do a gratuitous transfer and make them owners along with you.

Just remember, as owners, they will have their own log in and ability to use the membership just like you will. It will also become an assess for them so could become impacted if there is ever a bankruptcy, divorce, etc,

We were comfortable still doing it so that they are all now blue card owners and will benefit for the perks that go with it for years to come.

Just remember, as owners, they will have their own log in and ability to use the membership just like you will. It will also become an assess for them so could become impacted if there is ever a bankruptcy, divorce, etc,
Sorry to distract from the thread but this is interesting. So my husband can actually do this and not have to use my log in? Hoping we never divorce (lol) but I would place bets he wouldn't find his way to the website let alone log in:rotfl2:

Sorry to distract from the thread but this is interesting. So my husband can actually do this and not have to use my log in? Hoping we never divorce (lol) but I would place bets he wouldn't find his way to the website let alone log in:rotfl2:
Yes, if he sets up his own login. To do that, he will need his activation number from your original documents. If he doesn't have that, he would have to call MS and provide your Membership number and maybe other identifying information. My DH was never interested enough to do that, and still isn't. That's perfectly OK with me, LOL.

Yes, if he sets up his own login. To do that, he will need his activation number from your original documents. If he doesn't have that, he would have to call MS and provide your Membership number and maybe other identifying information. My DH was never interested enough to do that, and still isn't. That's perfectly OK with me, LOL.

I am going to add that my DH has no desire to do it either! He carries the blue card but not sure he even knows why! Lol

In this house it is Dave that knows how to log in. Nancy has never "logged" in. Her account has been accessed by David for AP or MM activity, but I think she does not even know the website.... So every family is different.

I think it is better to have one primary person who does all the scheduling because my wife and I both use our accounts to book reservations, FP, dining, & other events and our plans are a hodgepodge of things split up between both accounts. It has caused us some problems in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter