• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Question

AinsleyLM

Mouseketeer
We got a great pincode emailed for pretty much a steal for the Boardwalk, so I have upgraded us to that. However, with the exception of one trip, I have only stayed value and moderate. The only thing I worry about is the lack of counter service. We have the dining plan, so we get the refillable cups. My question is did any of y’all who have stayed there feel a pain of no counter service? Or is the bakery enough to fill the void?

Absolutely no issue not having counter service. We typically pack our own breakfast but when we wanted breakfast and/or counter service-type fair any other time of the day the bakery and pizza place did the trick.

We got a great pincode emailed for pretty much a steal for the Boardwalk, so I have upgraded us to that. However, with the exception of one trip, I have only stayed value and moderate. The only thing I worry about is the lack of counter service. We have the dining plan, so we get the refillable cups. My question is did any of y’all who have stayed there feel a pain of no counter service? Or is the bakery enough to fill the void?
The bakery is a great place to grab breakfast or a sandwich. Nice menu, not your typical burgers and dogs. However, the lines can get long and move slowly during peak periods. There are two refill stations - the Boardwalk Bakery and Leaping Horse Libations (near the feature pool). IMO, neither are really convenient unless you're spending a day at the pool or if you drag your mugs with you on your way to Epcot and refill on the way back.

I could eat at the bakery all day. Don't forget there is a pizza place there on the boardwalk as well.

We’ll be there in 29 days! Woot woot!! I’ve stayed there in the past and don’t recall for sure but I thought the lounge next to the lobby can refill mugs too? I’m I remembering wrong?

We’ll be there in 29 days! Woot woot!! I’ve stayed there in the past and don’t recall for sure but I thought the lounge next to the lobby can refill mugs too? I’m I remembering wrong?
You're right. The Bellevue Lounge is another option. Coffee and continental breakfast available in the morning. Mug refills available when it is open but like Leaping Horse, it is not a refill station (just hand your mug to the bartender and have it refilled with a limited selection of beverages). Hours are limited - 6:30 - 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM-midnight.

We have never had an issue with it. For breakfast I normally get a breakfast sandwich at the bakery or walk over to Epcot and get something at France. When we stay at value or moderate resorts, the only time we eat at the QS there is for breakfast anyway. We love all the options of eating on WDW property and always have either APs or PHs so we can hop around to any park we want to go to eat and like trying out the options at other resorts.

that is the beauty of that resort area. you are a 5-7 min walk from 2 theme parks (studios or epcot), 5 resorts (BW, YC, BC DOl, Swan) and all the food and drink they can offer.

you possibilities are endless.

I've stayed there many times, and honestly, now that I've stayed at a value resort, I actually prefer value for counter service options. I may be in the minority, but am not a fan of the bakery (but I'm not a breakfast eater; we order Safeway so coffee and maybe a snack is more than enough for me until 11 or 12). They don't have a lot of variety.

That being said, Epcot has some good options for counter service. I've even gotten to go from Morocco and taken it back to the Boardwalk for dinner (yes, they did pack it to go)!

When we stayed at the BC we did dinner at the bakery one evening. I had the roast beef sandwich and my SO had the lobster roll. Both were very good. The kids got pizza from the window. We are doing BWV in November and I don't think we will have an issue with food at all. Especially with Epcot so close.

Absolutely loved staying at Boardwalk....but hated the food options. I would only choose it again if it was a split stay. I couldn't do 7-10 days. To walk down the long redrum hallways and onto an elevator out the back way to the Boardwalk to refill a mug is RIDICULOUS...especially when it's a Deluxe hotel.
Pizza tastes okay but that gets old. . Espn Club is nice but that also gets old after awhile.
Again I love Boardwalk but for a short stay only. JMHO

We also have no intentions of getting mugs. We will do an order and have bottled water and snacks in the room.

I didn't do a refill mug either ( I always bring water and drinks from home, it's inexpensive and easier).....but my husband did and I just found it too much work for that refill. He tried to get his moneys worth but it was more work than it was worth. Especially when the bakery/ice cream shop would be closed.

And yes...I would definitely eat at Epcot or bring food home if I did BW again.

Absolutely loved staying at Boardwalk....but hated the food options. I would only choose it again if it was a split stay. I couldn't do 7-10 days. To walk down the long redrum hallways and onto an elevator out the back way to the Boardwalk to refill a mug is RIDICULOUS...especially when it's a Deluxe hotel.
Pizza tastes okay but that gets old. . Espn Club is nice but that also gets old after awhile.
Again I love Boardwalk but for a short stay only. JMHO

That is one reason I was immensely pissed when the All Star Sports moved us there. I had two connecting rooms (guaranteed), HA with roll in shower, booked. They sent us to BWV studio - SO TINY and just one room. Room service a couple nights - $54 for two sandwiches.

I used to like the Boardwalk area, but no longer.

The dining choices are sorely lacking.

I didn't do a refill mug either ( I always bring water and drinks from home, it's inexpensive and easier).....but my husband did and I just found it too much work for that refill. He tried to get his moneys worth but it was more work than it was worth. Especially when the bakery/ice cream shop would be closed.

We've done mugs on previous trips but I just didn't think it would be worth it at the Boardwalk. It sounds like too much work. Plus I'm not a soda drinker so I'm perfectly fine with water. I'll get soda occasionally at QS or TS meals.

We got a great pincode emailed for pretty much a steal for the Boardwalk, so I have upgraded us to that. However, with the exception of one trip, I have only stayed value and moderate. The only thing I worry about is the lack of counter service. We have the dining plan, so we get the refillable cups. My question is did any of y’all who have stayed there feel a pain of no counter service?

Not at all. There are so many options in the Epcot area we never missed not having a food court.

Or is the bakery enough to fill the void?

It helps but there are other options we prefer.

We usually take a quick walk over to France for breakfast when staying at Boardwalk. Def beats any other resort QS. And the bakery is just fine for refills and snacks too.

Eating regularly at Epcot only works if you're an annual passholder or have park hoppers for every single day of your trip. Many guests don't have either, and that does leave an issue with the lack of good counter service options in the Epcot resort area. Yes, it's a problem.

Thank you all for your responses. We have the park hopper, and I am quite excited about being so close to EPCOT. I plan on utilizing that as much as I can. I was only concerned about the drink refills and lack of counter service options because of traveling with young kids (7 year old boy and 4 year old twin girls). Thank you for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter