Boardwalk Villas Studio questions

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I am considering renting points for a standard view studio at the Boardwalk Villas. We usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but decided we wanted to be closer to Epcot. I'm travelling with my 11 year old and 17 year old, but i have a few questions.

About how long would it take to walk to the Beach Club? We love Cape May Cafe and plan on doing both a breakfast and a dinner.

I couldn't tell from photos, but do the fridges have a small freezer. We just need it big enough to freeze a few flat ice packs.

And finally, the 11 year old saw the pictures of the room online and thinks she could sleep on the seemingly small bench in the studios. Even though she is small I can't imagine she would fit, plus it can't be comfortable. Can anyone confirm for me. Thanks so much. :)

I am considering renting points for a standard view studio at the Boardwalk Villas. We usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but decided we wanted to be closer to Epcot. I'm travelling with my 11 year old and 17 year old, but i have a few questions.

About how long would it take to walk to the Beach Club? We love Cape May Cafe and plan on doing both a breakfast and a dinner.

I couldn't tell from photos, but do the fridges have a small freezer. We just need it big enough to freeze a few flat ice packs.

And finally, the 11 year old saw the pictures of the room online and thinks she could sleep on the seemingly small bench in the studios. Even though she is small I can't imagine she would fit, plus it can't be comfortable. Can anyone confirm for me. Thanks so much. :)

About 5-7 minute walk to the Beach Club.

I was just there and there are small freezer spaces in the freezers. I froze water in zip lock bags for my teeny cooler.

The bench is in very few rooms. You can't request it. It's really just a pad on it - a thin cushion. I've had studios with the bench twice, but I've been an owner there for 13 years and have stayed there in studios maybe 35 times or more. I don't even find it comfortable to sit on...we just dump our shopping and stuff on it. Your chances of having the bench in your room are very small.

I could be wrong, but I think the benches are only in dedicated studios, not lockoffs. But as stated above, they are definitely not for sleeping.

We've stayed at BWV twice and both times got a studio with the deacon's bench (dedicated studio). Our first time, our son was about six and he hated it and refused to sleep on it. It's about the size of a crib mattress. And the mattress is thin. The second time, it was just the two of us and we just put our stuff on it.

I am in a BWV studio as I type this. It's a dedicated studio so I have the bench. It's about 5 feet long (I'm 5'2" and just laid down next to it). The pad is probably about 6" thick. My suitcase is sitting on it but I just sat down next to it, it's not comfortable enough to sleep on for anyone older than a toddler. The fridge does have a small freezer. I took one of the shelves out so that I could put a carton of milk and orange juice in the refrigerator part. It's pool/garden, I'm facing the main pool, luckily a short walk to the elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter