Bone scan today...

twanner

Need more Totoro!
Hi everyone,

I'm still fairly new to posting, but I'm always so impressed with the disboards tight-knit community. I really feel "at home" here.

I'm hoping for some prayers to be sent my way. Just found out I have a tumor on one kidney and I'm going through the beginning tests. I've been very nervous, but I firmly believe in the power of prayer. I'd really appreciate your support. Thanks.

Here's to hoping all else is okay and your problem is limited to that kidney. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

4eyed

:grouphug: and prayers. I never knew how important it was to have emotional support during a trying time like this . . . until my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. Now we go through tests like this all the time. Good luck and I will definitely say a special prayer for you. Doctors gave my mother 8-10 months to live and she is still with us 15 months later - going strong. :thumbsup2

Hugs and prayers sweetie. 2 people who are very close to me had cancerous tumors on their kidneys. Both are doing great -cancer free for over 5 years!

Hi everyone,

I'm still fairly new to posting, but I'm always so impressed with the disboards tight-knit community. I really feel "at home" here.

I'm hoping for some prayers to be sent my way. Just found out I have a tumor on one kidney and I'm going through the beginning tests. I've been very nervous, but I firmly believe in the power of prayer. I'd really appreciate your support. Thanks.

Last September I had a bilateral partial nephrectomy. In english that is part of each kidney was removed. I had cancer in both and in my bladder as well.
The surgeon was fan-tas-tic. Explained everything in advance, told me he was not interested in removing anything but the tumors and would have a scan done during the surgery while I was "open" to be certain everything was out. I have a scar that looks like the St.Louis Arch, but am without cancer. The hurrahs I have for Mayo in Minnesota can be heard from Florida to Washington State. Furthermore, I don't understand how, but I had no pain after the proceedure. I'm sure there was some, but so much less than I imagined, it was as if it was nothing. You must go into this with a positive attitude. Surely prayer will help you as a support to your own prayer and positiveness. I wish you the best

Of course you have my prayers and I am sure all who post here on this board will be praying as well. Keep positive, I know it helps my husband, and know that you are doing the very best you can to take care of yourself and to stop this disease..

Keep us informed how the tests come out and remember this, I swear the power of prayer gets us through these difficult times, but also lots of positive energy..

I will be thinking about you, for sure. Please keep us posted and I hope everything goes well for you.:hug:

Prayers and good thoughts heading your way!

My tests came back negative!:cool1: THANK YOU, everyone for your prayers. Now I just have to have the tumor removed which hopefully won't be a big deal. I won't forget your support, and plan to pass along my own support to someone who may need it! Thanks again:hug:

Great news.. now get that tumor out of there.. we are done with that...

Hugs and keep up the good work...

My tests came back negative!:cool1: THANK YOU, everyone for your prayers. Now I just have to have the tumor removed which hopefully won't be a big deal. I won't forget your support, and plan to pass along my own support to someone who may need it! Thanks again:hug:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Great news..:dance3:

That is great news! I haven't been on recently, but am sending some hugs :grouphug: your way. Prayers too, I love prayer!

:hug: I send many prayers your way. Always keep you head up and a smile on your face and never ever let yourself think for one moment that you can't do this. You are a true hero. God Bless.

Please keep us updated as to how you are doing.pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hello Everyone!

Again, thanks so much for your kind words and prayers and pixie dust! I had surgery last Monday to have the tumor removed from my kidney. The doctor was able to remove the entire tumor and some of the surrounding tissue to be safe. My bonescan and blood tests showed no evidence of spreading, but the doctor does think that the tumor is malignant. I'll get the final results on that this Friday at my follow up appointment. SO, that means check ups every 6 months--probably for the rest of my life. But, at the very least the worst is over for now!:banana:

Hello Everyone!

Again, thanks so much for your kind words and prayers and pixie dust! I had surgery last Monday to have the tumor removed from my kidney. The doctor was able to remove the entire tumor and some of the surrounding tissue to be safe. My bonescan and blood tests showed no evidence of spreading, but the doctor does think that the tumor is malignant. I'll get the final results on that this Friday at my follow up appointment. SO, that means check ups every 6 months--probably for the rest of my life. But, at the very least the worst is over for now!:banana:

Yahoo...:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I will continue praying for you, that is fantastic thus far.:hug:

Hello Everyone!

Way to gooo!!!!:banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes Keep us updated!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter