Booked a much needed last minute cruise for the 8 night Bermuda on the Fantasy. Questions.

WDW Crawl

Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction
This past year has been hard.
Really hard.
Like just the absolute worst.

To say I need a break is honestly an understatement.

So today I asked my Dreams agent to book the 8 night Bermuda cruise in Sept on the Disney Fantasy for what I think is a great price. It was so last minute that all the Palo brunch reservations and most of the mixology classes were sold out… but to be honest I didn’t care and just want to get away for a while.

It really won’t affect my mood negatively towards the trip because I understand it’s well into the 90 days out booking period, but is there any hope of getting a Palo brunch reservation once on board… if so, how?

Any last minute-sailing or Bermuda tips welcome… done plenty of DCL trips just never booked this close to the sailing. Thank you.

Last edited:
When you go onboard they have a place to discuss dining reservations. Sorry I can’t remember exactly where but they have a couple of tables set up. We went to change our Palo day and they were able to accommodate us. So I would check from now every couple of days on the app as people may cancel. But you can also check once onboard.

Totally worth trying to get a reservation for Palo onboard…we were on the Dream in March and brunch was sold out but once onboard we were able to get a brunch (and had multiple options for day and time). We booked our first Disney cruise 3 weeks before sailing and also were able to reserve Palo dinner onboard, didnt try for any tastings. Have a great time!

There is absolutely hope in getting a Palo reservation. As soon as you get onboard ask where the dining changes/Palo reservations venue will be. Go there earlier than the posted start time and wait in line because there will be a line forming.

So, the earlier you can get onboard the better. If they can't offer a reservation while you are there you can put your name on a waitlist.

We have usually been successful snagging a reservation onboard.

MJ

Bermuda is such a beautiful island! I never book excursions through the cruise line. They are all much cheaper to do on your own and it is very easy and safe. I would check DCL's excursions to get an idea of some things you can do and then just do it on your own. Even the catamaran tours they offer you can book directly with the companies themselves for a much better price.

I was able to get Palo Brunch on the Wish by heading to Luna's. I even got there really late and still snagged a reservation. I haven't been to Bernuda in over 20 years but I found the people there very nice and the island was very clean and beautiful. Enjoy your cruise.

We did this Itinerary in April on the Fantasy. There was another Ship in port for 3 days while we were there for 2. Did Horseshoe beach on the Mini Bus outside of the Port area for I think $7 a person. Drinks, Food, chairs and canopies available at the beach, Cash or Credit Cards both work. Clean bathrooms as well. Beach was clean and fun, a little too rough for snorkeling however.

Next day was a bit rainy and we took a taxi into Hamilton for some shopping, saw lots of people scrapping their beach trip they had planned for that day. Taxi was a bit pricy, I think about $70 for a minivan for 6 of us, but worth it nonetheless. Took the ferry back for much cheaper, would look into the Ferry schedule from Kings Wharf you plan on visiting Hamilton or St. George’s

I am on that sailing. Welcome! Join our cruise FB group if you want. It is pretty active and it seems like we will have a great group of cruisers onboard for it.

We did a cruise to Bermuda last September after my daughter tested positive for Covid in August before our planned Wish cruise. We were able to sign up for Palo dinner and mixology on the day we boarded (after lunch). We also joined the waitlist for brunch and Palo called the morning of our sea day to offer us a late morning reservation and we accepted it. Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter