Booked for Next Year?

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
So, despite the price hike this year, has anyone else bitten the bullet and booked for free dining? We've booked for 13 nights in Sep / Oct. I have to say the price has tempered my excitement a little - probably because I know another year with an increase of this size and we wont be able to go again for a while!:(

I really want to book again for next year, but it's over £1k more for same dates range at FQ so at the moment it looks like we won't be going 2018 :sad1:

We've booked 18 nights at OKW for the end of Oct till middle of Nov. It's my youngest daughters 21st and this is what she wanted to do. We took her sister for her 21st. So as you said we bit the bullet and went ahead and booked! I don't even want to think about how much it cost! :-o

We're going to be booking for mid september next year as it's both mine and dh's 30th birthdays and our wedding anniversary so we decided to have a good holiday but I'm surprised by how much its gone up. We'll be staying at the all stars so only taking advantage of free breakfast. I've started having a look at how much car hire is for september this year just to get a rough idea and I can't remember it being that expensive last time we went, however that was in 2012!

Couldnt stretch the budget to onsite stay next year too so staying offsite instead but still spending alot of time at WDW after we get our AP's on our December trip this year

Am booked up for 2018 January - but abandon my free Dining plans so now staying at the Walt Disney Dolphin hotel.

Have stayed there before and the location is spot on. The hotel was starting to feel a bit dated although the next time we go all the rooms and hotel re-refurbishment should be complete so I'm hoping it will be fantastic

As after that trip, come September 18 we'll be bound by the school holidays and it wasn't that cheap to go out of season so goodness knows when we'll get another trip.

We've booked for September next year, 2 weeks at CBR. Couldn't believe the prices, but it's been nearly 11 years since we've been and couldn't wait any longer.

I really want to book again for next year, but it's over £1k more for same dates range at FQ so at the moment it looks like we won't be going 2018 :sad1:

We're now planning 2020 as a sensible return date (10th Wedding Anniversary) because unless the pound seriously picks up, we can't afford that on even a alternate year basis.

Same here, the prices are just to high.

Think we will have a look at the 2019 prices this time next year to see what their quoting, but as you say at these prices it will rule out alternative years.

I can officially say that we're priced out ...

After some terrible experiences at Disney's, it's even harder to justify paying over £10k (accom + tickets + food + flights) on 3 weeks at Disney

last year ('16) we had already operated the big shift towards Universal with quick visits to Disney on complimentary tickets.

2017 was supposed to be 3 weeks onsite at CSR with free dining booked in Apri 2016. But this hotel is being turned into a construction zone for the next 2 years, it was even harder to spit out the £5k for the stay.
so we chose to stay 3 weeks at Universal instead. We will only go to MNSSHP on August 25th (and that solved the "no disney this year ? issue"

earlier this month, we bit the bullet, and booked 3 weeks POR with FD for 2017.
The booking was fully refundable before April 14th, and we second guessed our choice all week after booking

As it tuns out, we cancelled the 2018 booking before the deadline of April 14th

instead of doing Disney, we'll be going to Windsor Hills, probably no Disney again, only universal on APs

And the truly magical thing is that, instead of doing Disney for 3 weeks in august, we're getting to do 2 weeks in May AND 3 weeks in August, for the same price, flights included ...

that's absolutely crazy.

we will be back at Disney's in 2019 or 2020 when Starwars is open. We'll most probably do a split stay, part Disney and part offsite/universal to mitigate the cost.

But, until then, offsite here we come.

We won't be booking at the prices as they are. I'll probably wait to see what discount is offered after free dining because that doesn't really work for us, we found it a struggle to use the credits up. I think we'd be looking at an extra £1500, I clicked away and didn't look any deeper into it because there's no way it's worth the extra. I'm waiting until about January to make a final decision, I've not wrote Disney off but it's looking very unlikely that Disney will be getting the bulk of our holiday money.

We've booked 21 nights at AKL for sept next year, prices are eye watering but we haven't been for 8 years and need to get a trip in before our teens get too old

We've booked 6 nights POFQ with free dining, followed by an 8 night cruise; our usual pattern for a 2 week Feb half term holiday. The WDW stay is costing about the same as this year - glad we got the AKL stay in before the new pricing!
We used to cruise DCL, but now try other lines as they have priced us out!
Free dining is our favourite deal - we like to have a table service meal each day in the parks and they are so expensive!

We've just booked a 19 night trip for August 2018 with 10 nights in a 1 bed at OKW. We wanted Yacht Club but it has sold out on free dining. I doubt there will be any Brits staying at Yacht and Beach next summer. Disney has really restricted the number of rooms available on free dining to the UK market for 2018. Thompson launched their summer 2018 holidays 2 weeks after Disney went on pre-sale. I seriously doubt they will take many summer bookings - who knows, there may be some cheap flights available for late bookers next year.

IF I were to be booking for next year I would definitely use Thomson. Even though we are not officially going next year I'm still looking at prices and Thomson are very competitive with their prices!

I'm not 'allowed' to book - step daughters wedding and my 30th at the end of this year, hubby says he and my mum have got a plan and I need to shut up about booking for next year :rolleyes:

As I write this the new WDW advert has come on the tv :sad:

Has anyone had experience of the 'advanced booking' at SSR or OKW; apparently they won't confirm your booking until 330 days before check-out. What happens if you don't get the booking you want, do they offer alternatives, do you get your deposit back if there isn't an alternative?

I priced up last years' OKW trip for 2018. £1500 more for one week. Glad I bought my DVC this year. Cost about £8500 for 160 points and I can stay now for around $90 a night. Will pay for itself in 3 trips.Then I can sell up and probably get more than I paid for it, or rent points out every year at over $1000 a time profit until 2054 when I don't use it. Regular visitors should consider a resale DVC contract, if you have the capital it can save you a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter