Booking a Disney wedding from uk

Samhill

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, We are new to all this, we are looking at holding our wedding at Disney in 2021 and are looking for any tips and pointers people may have, so far all we know for definite is we love the wedding pavilion, will have around 20 guests coming along with us, and are not too fussy about a reception and are happy to just have maybe a small sit down meal as we will be holding one when we are home for all family and friends that couldn’t come along with us, we would also love a little info on booking and how to do it as we don’t find the fairytale wedding page very informative, many thanks in advance sam

It's been nearly 8 years since mine but if I can help answer any queries then let me know.
We had our big day at the wedding pavilion with a similar size group, had the cake reception at the Grand Floridian & then had a small dinner at Ohana for the group. We then booked a private firework viewing & dessert party at Epcot which was the best way we could think of to end the night.
We booked via Virgin who then hooked us up with Disney. That way we booked our holiday & wedding in one place and then added extras direct with Disney as Virgin didn't really add anything.

Congratulations! We got married at the Wedding Pavilion back in 2016 and there was 26 of us so we have similar numbers to you. We had a reception at the Grand Floridian and then a private Fireworks Dessert Party at the Marina - truly was the best day ever. If you have more than 20 guests you will need to do the Wishes package which is completely customisable and anything under 20 guests would be their Escape package which doesn't include a reception as such, but you could still book yourselves into a restaurant somewhere (go for a resort restaurant as I believe you can still wear your dress)

If you are interested in the Wishes package, you can call them at 16 months prior to your wedding date to get the ball rolling with them and then your date will be secured at 12 months, and Escape packages I believe you can contact at 12 months and they will secure your date at 9 months (might have changed as it's been a few years and it seems to change all the time) - unfortunately they won't speak to anyone outside of these time frames, and like you said the website isn't the best. They will give you approx pricing throughout your planning but they will confirm the final cost at 6 months out. We just gave them a call at 16 months and took it from there, and once we had our date secured at 12 months, we then booked our flights and accommodation. They make the planning really easy over phone and email and we couldn't have been happier with the way everything went on the day, really was a dream come true.

Any questions, just let us know, and yes like GirlDreamer said the Wedding boards will give you tons of help too. Enjoy your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter