Booking a Hotel at Disneyland - How far in advance?

DarthIbis

Earning My Ears
The wife has a work trip to Anaheim next summer and we talked about me and our daughter flying out at the end of the conference and spending a few days on vacation, including Disneyland.

That said, I thought it would be nice to see if we can get into one of the on-property resorts there for a couple nights. I went to search availability online and the calendar only appears to go out to December '22.

So the question is: How soon do they start taking reservations for the hotels? I believe most places are 12 months, but if there is a shorter window here, then at least I can be prepared when that opens. Or perhaps I'm missing something?

End of August is about right. But just FYI, booking far in advance isn't really necessary. We are onsite right now at the Grand Californian and I booked it just about 2 weeks ago, and there were plenty of room options available even at that time.

End of August is about right. But just FYI, booking far in advance isn't really necessary. We are onsite right now at the Grand Californian and I booked it just about 2 weeks ago, and there were plenty of room options available even at that time.
Ah OK, so they're holding out because they need to set rates for 2023?

That's good to know that availability is good. Of course who knows what next summer (June) will look like, so since we know when we'll likely be there, I figured I'd get a jump on the pre-planning.

Ah OK, so they're holding out because they need to set rates for 2023?

That's good to know that availability is good. Of course who knows what next summer (June) will look like, so since we know when we'll likely be there, I figured I'd get a jump on the pre-planning.

The hotels don't really sell out during the summer months. Only during special event weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter