Booking a room with an annual pass

Disneytam

disneytam
I have a seasonal AP. Can I book 2 rooms for my family with it and get a discount for both rooms?

I have a seasonal AP. Can I book 2 rooms for my family with it and get a discount for both rooms?
We did that once at the Royal Pacific but we were checking into both rooms at the same time. The receptionist asked for my AP and that was enough. I don't know if this is correct but in this one instance, my AP was good enough for both rooms.

P.S. I'm not sure I've ever been asked for an AP when checking into just one room.

Last edited:
We did that once at the Royal Pacific but we were checking into both rooms at the same time. The receptionist asked for my AP and that was enough. I don't know if this is correct but in this once instance, my AP was good enough for both rooms.

P.S. I'm not sure I've ever been asked for an AP when checking into just one room.
We will be checking in at the same time. Thank you

I have booked 2 rooms, 1 for my parents and 1 my family at Portofino with my AP and it wasn’t an issue. My dad put down his credit card for his room incidentals and remaining balance. I paid the deposits. We checked in at the same time. I have been told by others that you need an AP per room. It did not come up. my parents don’t have AP but each member of my family does so I was prepared to switch my kids to their room if necessary 😂

We've done a handful of trips where we booked two rooms. It's been me and my wife (each have APs) in one room and her three young adult daughters in the other (at least one of them has been over 18 each trip, none have APs)

Most trips, we were never asked for our APs (to be fair, I usually have my AP on my lanyard while checking in, so maybe they saw it and didn't ask... or maybe they didn't care).

Once or twice, they've asked to see an AP, but not both (I check in while the others sit in the lobby, so they wouldn't have seen 2 APs)

And one time, the desk agent said that, not only did we need 1 AP for each room, that we had to have an AP holder in each of the rooms at check in.

She said she'd have to put me in one room and my wife in the other. Then put one of the daughters in my room, and the other 2 with my wife. She said we could move people around later, which we did.

I think the answer to the question is - it depends on the desk agent you get. As indicated above, the Ts&Cs say "one room per Pass credential". That's not always followed, but sometimes it is.

As long as you book at the AP rate, if the desk agent follows the policy, you could add the second AP later in the trip and still get the rate - just show both APs at the desk prior to checkout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter