Booking Activities

pryormomof2

Earning My Ears
We are booked on our first Disney cruise departing 11/25/17. I am cruising with DH, DD 5 and DS 8. We have recently PIF and when I login to the Disney Cruise site it say that "Activities" become available on 9/11. What activities become available on this date other than port adventures? Is there a list somewhere? What time on 9/11 do these open?

Thanks in advance! I have so enjoyed lurking since last August when we booked!

Port adventures along with onboard activities: Adult dining (Palo and Remy if on Dream class), "Onboard Fun" (simulators) Spa activities, and Beverage tasting

We are booked on our first Disney cruise departing 11/25/17. I am cruising with DH, DD 5 and DS 8. We have recently PIF and when I login to the Disney Cruise site it say that "Activities" become available on 9/11. What activities become available on this date other than port adventures? Is there a list somewhere? What time on 9/11 do these open?

Thanks in advance! I have so enjoyed lurking since last August when we booked!
Onboard activities: Adult dining. Character meet & greets (Princess Gathering/Frozen). Spa time. Nursery time.

The online check in window and the activity booking window both open at midnight, Eastern time (whatever time that is where you are).

This is helpful! What do you consider when deciding which days to book adult dining, spa, meet and greets and etc? How come some people talk about booking these things on embarkation day?

This is helpful! What do you consider when deciding which days to book adult dining, spa, meet and greets and etc? How come some people talk about booking these things on embarkation day?
Do you mean making reservations to do these things ON embarkation day?

Or do you mean making the reservation on embarkation day for a different day?

When we want to book Palo, we just pick the day/time that we want. Yes, you have to make choices that will bar you from other things when you book activities, but that's what life is - choices.

Yes...exactly. I was reading a post where people were talking about making reservations on embarkation day. I assume new reservations open up that aren't available online?

Mostly it's personal preference - some base Palo bookings on requested dining rotations, but it's probably not worth worrying about for a first cruise. If you book Palo dinner, you may miss dining in the dining room. Palo brunch is a great alternative if you want to experience Palo as well as all of the dinners, but is usually only available on sea days.

Some activities book up before it gets to the online booking period for first time cruisers - but DCL usually holds some times/slots for on-board booking on embarkation day, so if you don't get something you want to do, you can always check when you get on board. Some activities aren't bookable online before-hand, so you have to book them on board.

Yes...exactly. I was reading a post where people were talking about making reservations on embarkation day. I assume new reservations open up that aren't available online?
Well, DCL does hold back some reservations for the adult dining venues for booking onboard. But, I believe, everything else is available online for booking that way.

Sometimes all slots on for various excursions/activities are not reserved pre-cruise, and they might have some availability onboard.

Palo and Remy hold back slots to be booked onboard. I'm not sure anything else does now. Maybe tastings. Maybe a few slots for character greets. Spa appointments are usually available.

Is it possible the posts you had read were older? Character greets and meals didn't used to be booked in advance and you had to line up to get tickets after boarding. Tastings are also fairly new for advanced booking.

Enjoy your cruise!

Mostly it's personal preference - some base Palo bookings on requested dining rotations, but it's probably not worth worrying about for a first cruise. If you book Palo dinner, you may miss dining in the dining room. Palo brunch is a great alternative if you want to experience Palo as well as all of the dinners, but is usually only available on sea days.

Some activities book up before it gets to the online booking period for first time cruisers - but DCL usually holds some times/slots for on-board booking on embarkation day, so if you don't get something you want to do, you can always check when you get on board. Some activities aren't bookable online before-hand, so you have to book them on board.
So I am inferring that these book ahead reservations open up for gold or platinum etc before the booking date for first time cruisers? I didn't realize that but I guess I understand... it's our first DCL cruise and I was not sure if we would book Palo or the other one... but what is the Rainforest Room (sorry if I have that name wrong- read it in a TR... we are on the Dream). Thx!!

So I am inferring that these book ahead reservations open up for gold or platinum etc before the booking date for first time cruisers? I didn't realize that but I guess I understand... it's our first DCL cruise and I was not sure if we would book Palo or the other one... but what is the Rainforest Room (sorry if I have that name wrong- read it in a TR... we are on the Dream). Thx!!
The online check in and activity booking windows open based on your Castaway Club level:
Concierge and Platinum Castaway Club members - 120 days out from cruise
Gold CC members - 105 days out
Silver CC members - 90 days out
First time DCL cruisers - 75 days out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter