• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Aulani 7 months out for summer 2014

TheRobbs

Mouseketeer
Hey there. Hoping to book with our DVC points in late November for Late June 2014. What are the odds of actually getting something?? Thanks.

As long as you don't want a standard view, you will probably have a good chance right at the 7 month mark. You might have to flexible on the view type.

As long as you don't want a standard view, you will probably have a good chance right at the 7 month mark. You might have to flexible on the view type.

Thats great news. Hoping for a one bedroom Ocean view. Thanks very much.

We are trying to book at 7mos for August, 2014. If you book online does it start at 12:01 Eastern Time on the 7mos day?

Thank you

We are trying to book at 7mos for August, 2014. If you book online does it start at 12:01 Eastern Time on the 7mos day?

Thank you

No the booking window is not at midnight of your 7 month window starting date, but rather one hour before the DVC phone lines open up at 9 am EST….. so that is 8 am EST.

Meaning if you are on the west coast like me... you are getting up mighty early at 4:45am to have your computer all queued up and ready to hit book at 5am pacific time!!

Hey there. Hoping to book with our DVC points in late November for Late June 2014. What are the odds of actually getting something?? Thanks.

In the past 2 years folks have reported that June can be pretty tricky.... the beginning of June seems to be because the points required are still lower. Then end of June can be high demand too, with folks looking to book right when the kids get out of school.

Just be ready to book right when your window opens.... and keep us posted! Fingers crossed for you! pixiedust:

I don't understand the reason why DVC had to make such a limited quantity of standard views. Not all of us care about a spending more points per night for a view and especially for a place like Aulani, where the points per night is high! I personally would rather save the extra points per night for a quick 4 night stay at WDW perhaps in a studio for another trip the same use year...To each his own, but I would have rather have seen DVC allocate more inventory to "standard views" for those of us who want to "conserve" points!

I will be probably forced to book the Island Garden VIEW Dedicated 2BR even for the quieter month of May and early June...I will, however, immediately "waitlist" and cross my fingers for a standard!:wizard::wizard:

Can't wait for our Aulani trip this May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:woohoo:

So let's say I am at my seven month window and the first day of my stay a standard view room is not available but it is available the other six days.
All seven days are available in island view.
Is my only real option to book the island view and wait list the entire stay in a standard view?

So let's say I am at my seven month window and the first day of my stay a standard view room is not available but it is available the other six days.
All seven days are available in island view.
Is my only real option to book the island view and wait list the entire stay in a standard view?

Yes, your only option would be to book the Island View... and waitlist the days you want in Standard view. Then possibly keep checking back each day and when/if Standard View opens up in availability, book those days in Standard View. Then you may need to do a room move at some point in the trip but you might decide that this is worth it in order to save on points.

Yes, your only option would be to book the Island View... and waitlist the days you want in Standard view. Then possibly keep checking back each day and when/if Standard View opens up in availability, book those days in Standard View. Then you may need to do a room move at some point in the trip but you might decide that this is worth it in order to save on points.

I haven't been to Aulani yet but in other DVC resorts I've split my stay. Take the standard you can get on one resie and do a 2nd resie with the island view and waitlist. The only downside is you would have to switch rooms if the waitlist doesn't open.

I haven't been to Aulani yet but in other DVC resorts I've split my stay. Take the standard you can get on one resie and do a 2nd resie with the island view and waitlist. The only downside is you would have to switch rooms if the waitlist doesn't open.

Yes but they said the first day isn't available so they can't book any days in that category

As long as you are open to different views and room size which may be more points you should be able to. Book online early when the open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter